What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

Thanks! We got them at Costco.

1 Like

Let me know if you ever want to take a toad trip. I bet @CurlzNJ would take a ride too.

1 Like

Skirt steak from Prather ranch . Their product is always supreme. Veggies from the fridge. Cheers.

11 Likes

Due to work, our V-day dinner was last night at a Portuguese restaurant Costa Verde (full review on the NJ board).

Surf and Turf

Chicken and Shrimp in wine sauce.

13 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a relatively quick Korean BBQ chicken, broccoli and garlic sauce, and basmati rice.

15 Likes

Sure looks great!

1 Like

Perfect cook on that

1 Like

That Schnitzel :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

What a feast! You and @Google_Gourmet always have the best seafood

2 Likes

I did not cook last night, but the kiddo and I made heart-shaped crustless quiches for breakfast to go with all the day’s chocolate. :grin:

16 Likes

Tonight was seared scallops, roasted green beans (in the new multi-use appliance…yes, another), and quattro formaggio risotto with sauteed shredded zucchini. For dessert, we dipped raspberries, strawberries, and cherries in tempered dark chocolate. Big hit.

18 Likes

I went to Trader Joe’s today and when I got home to put everything away, I realized I have to stop feeding the freezer and start eating from it…both upstairs and down.

So sausage and roasted broccoli pizza with roasted garlic tomato sauce done in the convection oven was WWFD. And while it could have used a bit more crisp on the crust, it was good.

A large glass of wine alongside, and “Rocketman” on the flat screen.

18 Likes

I know my freezer is like purgatory
Where most items wait to be tossed . In fact I have a post it note on the freezer door . CLEAN FREEZER.

8 Likes

I keep a printout of an Excel spreadsheet of what’s in the downstairs chest freezer and the upstairs kitchen freezer and update it in pen until it needs to be retyped and reprinted. It’s the only way I can keep track!

2 Likes

Long Korean lunch out, so a quick dinner at home before going over to a friend’s for drinks.

Grilled cheese with some chili paste inside along with cheddar, and a soft-yolk aka jammy boiled egg alongside.

I’m hoping the excessive banchan consumption counts as dinner veg too…

I baked brownies to take, but them smashed into them by mistake… maybe 3/4 can be salvaged… waiting for them to cool outside.

11 Likes

Our freezer is a mix of meal shortcuts (esp. veg and potato products, meatball and patty-type things), stock parts, various half-used purees and sauces (pumpkin, chipotle en adobo, tomato sauce), and things we prefer not to eat a lot of (homemade bread, half-eaten desserts). Bad scene. We are eating it down now in anticipation of part of a cow share trucked in by the in-laws :grin:

3 Likes

One of my favorite comfort foods. Caldo verde

13 Likes

Smushed brownies are still brownies, in my book at least. With a pint of vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce in hand, it almost looks intentional.

4 Likes

We had a bittersweet dinner at Laurel and Sage, which we just found out is closing at the end of March, when their lease runs out. Below are the details and pictures.

5 Likes

I unsmushed a good part of the pan - so only one end is visibly smushed :rofl:

I think it’s fine -seems there’s wine and chips, so the brownies are major upgrade to the evening :grin:

4 Likes