What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

We enjoyed it. The pan sauce needed a bit more spice.

1 Like

Slathered in mushroom gravy and PSTOB…Comfort 101 …. can picture it now!

1 Like

Make sure to halve the asparagus. Makes it more delicate!

Also, I boiled them for just 3 minutes to soften but still leave some snap. Then chill for an hour.

2 Likes

Mustardy sprouts

Cauliflower with garlicky crumbs

Pork schnitzel

16 Likes

We were packing for New Orleans like mad. DH made dinner - ground chicken lettuce wraps.

We wrapped the kiddo’s filling in a toasted flour tortilla smeared with hoisin sauce, and he was really into it - minced celery, scallions, and all.

16 Likes

We had another fabulous dinner with some friends at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ. Below is a link to the details and pictures for those that might be interested.

5 Likes

Following a technique in the new milk street magazine for a salt/dill salmon which got great remarks from the crowd. Sides of beets, broccoli and carrots.

13 Likes

Had a filling lunch earlier so dinner was a piece of baklava from a nearby shop and hot mint tea.

Making a lasagna, meatballs in red gravy and garlic bread for a dinner party tomorrow. Eclairs, my wife made for dessert. (Need a wine rec.)

6 Likes

Another milk Street recipe tonight. I cut back on the sugar and soy sauce and used ground chicken instead of pork since I couldn’t find it at the store. Bizarre! Side of edamame. Thumbs up! Probably would add something a little spicy next time.

11 Likes

Reverse seared New York Strips shooting for 125 for me, 145 for the hubs. Not sure I hit either one, but we are eating it.

11 Likes

Late getting pics posted; had some friends over last Saturday night. A Lebanese style red lentil soup with cumin and lemon along with country style pork ribs in an
Osso Bucco type sauce. Slow braised in the oven. Served over grits. Green beans, and not pictured, a salad with roasted beets and goat cheese. Olives, bread and crudités and dips & cheeses to start. Afterwards, a Boston Cream Pie our friend made, but that we tucked into before getting a pic. Nice wines & a good time!

17 Likes

Last night i made posole for the first time at DH’s request. It turned out great! I used a recipe I found online but halved it as it made 16 or 18 servings or something, and i did it in the Instant Pot to save time.

Served with shredded cabbage, chopped red onion, limes, and yellow corn tortilla chips. Came out great!

20 Likes

isn’t it the best feeling when it works!

4 Likes

Pics Please

1 Like

@Rooster Some wine ideas for your lasagna/meatballs dinner party

4 Likes

Dark meat?

I don’t think so actually. I think it was ground chicken breast. It looks dark from the soy sauce. It was tasty.

So far…meatballs in holding pattern and lasagna prep’d

13 Likes

Two bottles of Chianti on the way.

2 Likes

I have the Wine Folly book . A lot of good information in it .

1 Like