What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

Pan seared Mahi portions with mashed sweet potatoes and collard greens

4 Likes

Oh… but the flying cars are here!

Wow! Nothing better than a homemade pizza and wine!!

What a thing of beauty. THAT is what a pizza should look like

1 Like

Monte Cristo sandwiches with french fries:

11 Likes

Mrs. P made cauliflower steak with a side of okra with roasted shallots and toasted sesame seeds. I put some spicy chili crisp on top of the cauliflower for an extra kick.

17 Likes

Pepper with anchovy

Lasagne, shared by the nanny next door. This adorable woman periodically appears at the door with a pan of “dinner”. And she’s a good cook!

20 Likes

Smoked steelhead, beets and French feta and leaf salad

14 Likes

Comfort food at its finest. And so good for winter too!

2 Likes

I made Pasta Bolognese for dinner last night, a really quick and easy meal to make see how here http://welshwhiskings-co-uk.stackstaging.com/recipes/pasta-bolognese/

Add images here

3 Likes

Work is ramping up again. So I may be falling off the dinner making train but made dinner 4 nights in a row, went INTO the office 2 back to back days AND even got my butt to the gym two mornings this week. Now if only I could get my 2 year old to eat what I make, I would really be moving mountains!

Two nights ago was another Milk Street recipe for Kenyan coconut chicken. I’m digging getting an actual magazine and cooking nearly everything within. I inadvertently defrosted chicken breasts instead of thighs. This would have been better with dark meat, probably but still the sauce was really tasty and I’ll be eating the leftovers without chicken today. Lots of cilantro! Served over brown rice and side of broccoli.

Last night “beef stroganoff”. I use quotes since I got crazy and didn’t use dairy and threw in a few odd ingredients to try to balance it out. It was good, a little sweet maybe but got good remarks. Sides of noodles and sauteed spinach with onions.

12 Likes

Whole roasted “spatchcock” Chicken simple s&p, EVOO, paprika, onion & garlic powder… in the roasting pan, carrots, cherry tomatoes and portabella mushrooms.
sweet potato w/ PSTOB…

9 Likes

Not feeling great all day, so I kept it simple for dinner. I split a fat chickie boobie in half, seasoned with s/p, dried thyme and ground sumac. Pan-seared on both sides in a bit of butter and olive oil, splooshed in some wine, covered and finished cooking while reducing the “sauce.”

Israeli couscous and steamed green beans alongside.

14 Likes

You mean Greek?

Not necessarily. We choose among Greek, French and Bulgarian, each distinctive with subtle differences.

6 Likes

Had a quick fix meatball sub for lunch so dinner was a beet/goat cheese salad (after all the beet references this week) along with my vino.

I baked a vanilla custard for dessert but the gang gobbled it up too fast to get a pic.

Have a great evening :wine_glass:

10 Likes

Repurposed the fish from last night into fish cakes. Repurposed the salad dressing by adding blueberries and blending them in

13 Likes

Broccoli

“Mississippi roast” and its jus over new potatoes

12 Likes

09DEC407-E0AE-4614-AFE8-99FBE5E07FE8

4 Likes

My BF did a repeat of his recent chicken katsu with curry sauce tonight. In a “gotta use what you have” moment, he used chickpeas in the sauce (instead of carrots and/or potatoes-- we were out of both), and they ended up adding a lot to the dish by way of texture and mouth-feel. Delicious meal!

13 Likes