What's for Dinner #51 - the It's Dark Outside! Edition - November 2019

Need the time.

However, with the Christmas Holidays approaching, I shall try to put together a short list of some of the best with photographs of the interiors of the restaurants and the art of plating or tapas.

Have a lovely day / evening. It is already 21.30 here. ( Spain ) …

2 Likes

Hellllooooo… ?

I’m here- somewhere… suddenly life got really busy and i was working on projects for a few different positions and then (finally!!!) was hired as a freelance consultant and of course shit hit the fan right away. I think because my crazy job/profession is creative that i ran into the phenomenon of “decision fatigue” (which is a real thing) and have had negligible creative energy leftover for cooking or meals and got out of the habit of taking photos of my sameness of boring predictable food.

But i have some good photos!

Thankfully two year old birthday parties come with bubbly for the child-less adults like me! That was a whole lotta small children in the same place at the same time :joy:. And a fabulous dinner party at Dumbo House with some beautiful delicious food.

At home it’s a lot of lentil curry coconut milk soup lately, more meatless balls and salads of all the randomness in my fridge.

I’m off on a long awaited vacation with my sister next week- ARUBA!! WoooHoooo!!! Lots to do before that but turkey day will hopefully be a frozen colored beverage by the pool situation :hugs:

23 Likes

@Ttrockwood, thrilled to see you back here again! Clearly you have been busy. Very.

Your upcoming vacation with your sister sounds like much-needed fun.

4 Likes

I was wondering what adventures you were enjoying! So nice to see your ‘Name’ appear. Best.

3 Likes

Dinner. Had to be easy coming off a wedding weekend, my daughter’s. Not much food in the fridge but lots of booze brought back home plus a lot of cake

D87D35CE-6D88-4533-9E4F-25EEF606A2BD.jpeg

17 Likes

Have not been posting bec of problem with computer being upgraded automatically making it difficult as well as tennis elbow.
Son has been cooking as we are catching a lot of rockfish and catfish off the dock. We had never cooked the catfish ,just use it for crab bait or give it away but tried this year. It is delicious fried ( fish and Chips) or with egg, starch and Panko.
Speaking of tortilla, today I made tortilla using precooked duck meat from Maple duck farm, ( added soy garlic powder to it), mixed vegetables( chinese broccoli, Napa cabbage, bell pepper, poblano, ) cooked on the plancha with Evoo, etc. Taste great, with olive and tabasco,

16 Likes

ccj, first I just wish to acknowledge how much I enjoy your posts especially when I read how some days are challenging. You truly are the definition of food is love. Your lucky son and his pals you write about so beautifully.

Onto those photos of yours! Heaven on a plate! Duck is oh so versatile.

2 Likes

I made garlic-ginger chicken breasts with amchur, cucumber raita, and roasted spiced kabocha squash and cauliflower. It worked - the raita was probably my favorite thing on the plate.

15 Likes

I have a hard time finding this at the market.

My Trader Joes has it for $2.49!

Congrats!

1 Like

Good times!

Chicken noodle soup with matzoh balls. Perfect for a dark rainy night.

17 Likes

Mazel Tov! to you , and your family!

2 Likes

Welcome back!

Holy cow, back at you! I would pay someone to bring me pumpkin spice-ish pancakes. Comfort food is SO in order for tomorrow. I’ve had a hectic few months-, big solo ((plus dog) move to NJ plus career change, and somehow managing training for an emotional marathon (with my mom!) in DC at the end of October after breaking my foot in June. Been a bit lonely, missing family and friends in FL, but Finally felt like things were getting back to normal yesterday. Then I woke up at 4am today by seriously reaggravating an old neck injury- will be missing 2days at the new job, but was lucky enough to spend my day catching up owith the things you good folks have been cooking., and reaffirming my faith in humanity. You guys are great.

6 Likes

I sure I’ll regret asking this while trying to drop a few pounds, but: any tips about pumpkin cheesecakes? I finally succumbed to the Trader Joe’s gingersnaps, and need to make something with them to share with coworkers/family, before I plow through the whole container…

3 Likes

“Grilled” pork tenderloin with Whole Spice Honey Chipotle rub. Pickled rocotos peppers on the side.

“How to Cook Everything” says 150 is pink, and not yet dry.

12 Likes

i was so wondering about you! Glad to hear all is well! and whoo-hoo on vacay! enjoy!

1 Like

BF made mini tacos out of the rib eye I grilled Sat. Delish. i could have eaten three more of those teensy suckers…

15 Likes