What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

From Wegmans? You know I’m a Kimballs ice cream girl in season, but alas that season is about to end.

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Wishing you a year full of happiness and delicious meals to boot!
:cake::fireworks::confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Thank you very much @LindaWhit , @ChristinaM, and @RedJim for your birthday wishes for Mrs. P, and a very happy and healthy birthday to @ChristinaM! I hope you have something special planned.

4 Likes

Happy birthday, Mrs P!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Mrs. Paryzer.

All our best wishes from Barcelona.

1 Like

Happy B day Christina! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Enjoy @ChristinaM. They always come and go so quickly…make the most of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxebN2MMzs

2 Likes

well, happy birthday to. you too. Mr. P should take both of you out next year!

3 Likes

Thank you @Barca and @naf!

1 Like

@ChristinaM @paryzer
Haha mr C would be jealous!!

2 Likes

Yup! I’ve heard a lot about Graeter’s ice cream, and it lives up to their reputation. The vanilla is excellent! It ain’t cheap, however.

1 Like

Oven baked Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Steamed Asparagus & Cashew nuts…

14 Likes

Cashews! :wink:

3 Likes

Playdate AKA excuse to drink birthday bubbly and eat cake. I laid out some snacky stuff, made quesadillas with leftover homemade tortillas, got a good bottle of sparkling from Wilamette Valley on clearance, and made a chocolate mousse icebox cake with ladyfingers. Delish :grin: Birthday weekend concluded! Might be some king crab with drawn butter in my future tonight.

21 Likes

!!! Awesome

3 Likes

We enjoyed my Aunts recipe for Sunday gravy and spicy Italian sausage along with broccoli rabe, warmed garlic bread and vino. Poached pears for dessert.

Brought the date bread I baked this morning to my Aunts place for her enjoyment this week.

Evening folks :hugs:
Rooster

10 Likes

Sounds fab. What a nephew!

1 Like

Had BLSL chicken thighs and cremini mushrooms in the fridge that needed to be used, so chicken fricassee was WFD! I browned the chicken in this morning’s bacon fat (sometimes being too lazy to clean the skillet right away is a good thing), removed it and added the mushrooms and sauteed. Deglazed with a glug of dry sherry, then added half and half and put the chicken back in the pan along with some chopped sage and thyme and a ton of smashed up roasted garlic. Let it reduce a bit, seasoned with cracked pepper and basta. It was really, really good. Shredded Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter with a bit of lemon juice alongside and a Montepulciano to drink.

10 Likes

Today was a great all around! And the food? :::swoon:::

2 Likes

Yes, please!

1 Like