What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Yes it is.

Totally agreed about conservas, and especially about Q&Q. Fun time and good eats!!

3 Likes

Beautiful meals!!!

1 Like

ooh!! go to Xampanyet! go to Xampanyet!!! in El Born

The barman who served you - one of the Quimets, is a sweetheart. His sister - Joana - is my favorite, but she works days now only.

Glad you’re able to enjoy even during the turmoil that’s going on there…

Another suggestion: Bar Brutal. excellent. More of a sit-down place, but also in El Born.

Pretty sure I’m going back again next year… :heart:

4 Likes

I think I used this.

LA Times

1 Like

Thanks @paryzer @mariacarmen and @ChristinaM

You can see the birthday meal here.

3 Likes

That looked like a fabulous birthday dinner. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I love this photo. The monk on the mustard jar is hilarious. Parents please keep your children indoors. Lusty Monk is coming to town…

1 Like

Peppers and cheese

Chicken and andouille gumbo

12 Likes

So sorry…too soon. A comfort meal was a very good decision. Something about soup, it soothes the weary soul.

1 Like

Perfect

2 Likes

Sending healing thoughts to your friend and her sister.

2 Likes

Happy birthday to Mr. Naf! Great celebration!

1 Like

I made catfish nuggets, asparagus, and cheesy risotto (IP) with corn soup stirred in. Tasty.

11 Likes

Your food looks just amazing @digga! I’m especially impressed with the eggplant you grew! You are in the PNW, right? We’ve never been able to grow any type of eggplants, alas. Over the years we’ve tried different varieties and only gotten a couple of very bitter, and inedible, immature type fruits. So if you have any tips, let me know please!!

3 Likes

Balsamic grilled chicken, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers on foccaccia. BF came through with homemade fries.

13 Likes

Chicken curry with chickpeas and Tuscan kale over brown basmati rice. Curry was helped along by Maya Kaimal’s madras curry jarred sauce, which is outstanding.

12 Likes

I’m thinking you mean me and not digga. My luck with them actually was pretty bad. One year nothing happened. This year, we got about 8 total from 5 plants, and the biggest was smaller than what you could get in a store. The smallest were only about 6" long and an inch in diameter. But I learned a few things (yes, PNW). Start the seeds much earlier. I started in mid April. Will go for early March this year. Plant with space around and in full sun. I had taller plants growing behind them, to economize garden beds, but they threw too much shade. So I guess those are my tips. Weed and compost. Maybe fertilize, which I didn’t. Also I think A trick to growing in the PNW is to get peewee versions of plants, like chilies or mini bells instead of bell peppers, cherry or small tomatoes instead of beefsteak size, because our growing season is short, and we never have as much heat as the nightshades like. I hope that helps.

1 Like

Boneless chicken breast.:confused: I left the skin on and saved the bones. Harrissa rub.

10 Likes

Overturned police cars? Smashed storefront windows and looting mobs? The night lit up with Burning buses?

Have seen worse. After the Forty f’n ‘niners first surprise Super Bowl win in ‘82. :wink:

2 Likes