What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Hah Hah Hah!!!
My oral surgeon told me his dog loves canned green beans like candy!
So, I bought a can from local supermarket!
They ate it with gusto!
So, next trip to Costco, bought a case! Had o give it away, Still a couple cans left in the pantry for emergency purpose but ------

3 Likes

Very pretty.

1 Like

You are driving me crazy!!!
Love the dishes you are putting out!!!
Especially the liver dish!!!

1 Like

Danny…you know you and I are destined to meet and feed a HO Down together in the future some time…
I do think we were born at the same time in the same hospital!
It will happen my friend!
Safe Travels!

1 Like

Nice re-purpose
I’ll be over in 5 minutes!

I made roasted salmon with mustard and brown sugar, blistered green beans, farro and this gorgeous, enormous sliced tomato with a balsamic glaze. Summer eating continues!

8 Likes

Yep, I love Turkish green beans. Haven’t made them in a while. Thanks for the reminder.

3 Likes

After 2 decadent dinners of King crab claws and Dungeness crab with the PSTOB, we decided to have a healthy dinner for a change :slightly_smiling_face: Mrs. P made roasted cauliflower steak with chopped jalapeño peppers, fresh garlic, red onions, scallions, S & P, and olive oil. We had a side dish of blistered mini and shishito peppers.

15 Likes

gorgeous, but this would be so much better with the PSTOB. :smiley:

4 Likes

Looks delicious

1 Like

I know, but we had enough PSTOB the last 2 days to last us all week. I could still smell butter on my breath this morning. I think it was coming out of my pores :grinning:

5 Likes

Thank you! It was :blush:

Dunner tonight was good but pictures does not do justice
That is halibut steaks cooked in grill using heavy duty foil, smeared with lots of pesto served with more pesto It was excellent!
Polenta again pan fried in Evoo and freshly grated

reggiano parmeggiano.

13 Likes

Butter lettuce and wild greens, banyuls vinegar and EVOO.

Green pea and ricotta pasta, lemon zest and Parm. German sausage.

Apple croustade

15 Likes

Tonight, I made southern indian lamb curry featuring coconut, tamarind and lamb shanks. It’s a little sweet, a little tangy and if you wish, a little spicy. The toasted coconut sesame paste adds depth that coconut milk alone doesn’t provide.

To make this, I toasted coconut flakes and sesame seeds, ground them in a mortar & pestle, then blended them with caramelized onions into a paste. To that, I added spices, ginger-garlic paste, tamarind, coconut cream and lamb shanks.

After the shank meat became soft, I pulled it off, shredded it and added it back to the curry.

25 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Meat ravioli with marinara and leftover kale salad. Phoned it in. There was wine.

9 Likes

Yesterday was sauteed turkey kielbasa, then braised with onion, cabbage, and a little wine. Plus super crispy oven roasted potato wedges. Today is pizza potluck for an afterschool kid event. Tomorrow, another potluck, where I’ll bring an oft-repeated cold pasta salad. Pasta mixed with chunked garden tomatoes and arugula, and all dressed with a home-made tomato vinagrette (tomato, evoo, rice wine vin, scallion, honey). I also have to bring a veg platter, and plan to introduce some peeps to ground cherries, as they are now abundantly falling all over my garden beds.

8 Likes

Oh nice!

this looks so good! can practically smell it from here…

2 Likes