What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Quick-fix dinner tonight while packing for a trip.

Frozen pre-packaged noodle stir-fry - I ignored the instructions to cook it all together and separated the noodles. Hot wok for the frozen veg and chicken, defrosted the noodles in the microwave separately. Used only a tbsp of the included sauce (past experience with these sauces is that they’re sickly sweet to my taste) and added my own seasonings. Finished with scallions and sesame seeds.

Surprisingly good texture vs my expectations - noodles were springy and chewy in a good way, even most of the veg returned crunch (only the peppers were squishy).

Some meals from last week and the weekend:

Another round of home tapas with DIY pan con tomate, chorizo, and broccolini with garlic.

Cauliflower ravioli in a light white sauce - delicious, but next time I’ll roast cauliflower on the side and add it as I had planned to (lazy, lazy).

14 Likes

Dang - not my Korean mama’s zhajiangmian (or jajangmyun). Gorgeous and I’ll assume it tasted as good as it looks.

1 Like

Wonderful and varied meals, @naf!

1 Like

Lovely, thanks for sharing @mariacarmen.

1 Like

I love eating like this @Scubadoo97

3 Likes

Gorgeous location - and food!

1 Like

Pork Marsala with noodles

14 Likes

Thank you! We enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today, I made another coconut glutinous rice cake by popular demand from my son. This time, I was out of jackfruit but he says he prefer it without Jackfruit anyway.
Dinner tonight is parmesan and mozzarella chicken breast following Kenji Lopez’s recipe from Serious Eats served with a tub of K L’s best red sauce defrosted from freezer. Side dish of TJ’s organic pan fried polenta in olive oil then garnished with more parmesan cheese and mozzarella while hot from stove. For picture’s sake, not all the red sauce were added but they were available to scoop unto the chicken. the small pieces without tomato sauce were for the two babies. They love it. Would be difficult to clean their furs if they had tomato sauce on it.
Wine-

![3NYYNQZmQiecMc8%EF%BF%BD7wFA|700x525](uploa d://jQm5Gkj8u5Szcwo5KN19EOIPxDV.jpeg) a bottle of Kirkland’s reserva chianti

18 Likes

Lamb loin chops were what’s for dinner

13 Likes

Yum. Aldi?

I’ve made this recipe a few times and really enjoy it. This time I added a pinch of smoked paprika and it added another nice flavor. I also ended up cooking beans for about 90 minutes. As you can see from the pic, they were not mushy at all, held their shape, up were nicely tender. (Pic is a repost from the weekend.)

12 Likes

Nice! Green beans never cease to amaze me! How many of us only knew the mainstream green, frozen or canned variety in childhood? Now there are fresh, broad, yellow, haricot…Bring it!
I read even dogs like them!

2 Likes

Not Aldi. The chop were Costco, the salad BJ’s and the potatoes Publix

2 Likes

Mmm. I rarely crave red meat but I’ve been craving lamb of late. Your dinner looks so appetizing!

4 Likes

drool-worthy!

1 Like

BF had leftover rib eye from the Saturday grilling. I had a couple of the smoky slices, but mostly I devoured taters, with preserved tomato and a pistou i whipped up. Under all that is a ball of fresh mozz that we shared. i’d love to eat this way every night.

16 Likes

Thank you

Weird clean-out-the-freezer/fridge meal last night, but it was tasty. I’m determined to make some room in my freezer for a batch of roasted chicken stock, so out came some frozen hot dogs and rolls. Some zucchini was languishing in the veg drawer so that became a variation of Michael Symon’s zucchini-feta fritters and used up some small cukes for a topping of tzatziki. I had made some Instant pot baked beans a couple of days earlier, more or less following Jasper White’s classic recipe in Food and Wine. It was too much food, but served the purpose.

8 Likes

Thanks, MC! Your meal was not too shabby itself! :drooling_face: