What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Now THAT’S a great day!! Beautiful.

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Now that’s a fine looking rainbow trout - looks like a good day!

3 Likes

Thanks for releasing her She is too beautiful !

4 Likes

out for dinner last night for review (back to the Korean-turned-Eyetalian joint. Mostly meh.), and no cooking until Monday. BF and I are celebrating (early) our 17th anniversary this weekend by taking a short trip to So. Cal. - Venice Beach! We’re not L.A. fans (grew up there) but we wanted something close, fun, and cheap to get to. I always loved visiting Venice when I lived there. I know it’s changed tons, but I’m sure we’ll find some of the old gritty character still there.

Happy eating, peeps!

9 Likes

17 Mazel Tovs!

4 Likes

Out for dinner tonight. Mini-chain of Lebanese/Syrian food. Annoyingly, the local branch, to which we can walk, has decided to have two sittings, rathe rthan “proper” reservations - one at 6.30 and the at 8.30, neither of which suit. So we’re driving to one of the other branches that has a better understanding of “hospitality”.

4 Likes

Gracias!

Hi @thwysg

I’ve been really getting into porridge lately. Yours looks like savory goodness. Is the ground chicken mixed in? What is the yellow color? Thanks!

What a beauty!

Yah, “rule” was a strong word. I didn’t think it was exactly a rule. Maybe a preferred suggestion? :wink: I think it’s actually a good idea too. If I’m asked for a recipe I’ll post it here and maybe link it to the recipe thread as well.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Not to get too off-topic, but Gjusta is a must. It’s on Sunset Ave., kitty-corner to Gold’s Gym.

Yes, Venice has changed a lot. The disparity between haves and have nots is depressingly overwhelming.

2 Likes

I truly didn’t realize they got that big @emglow101! Really beautiful though; did you happen to weigh or measure her before releasing?

Processed a bunch of our tomatoes yesterday. Left 3 fresh ones out, skinned, cored and froze the non plum tomatoes and made a red sauce with the plum tomatoes and Italian sausage for dinner. I even pressed the skins and cores through the finer holed chinois, and got about 3 cups of beautiful purée.

DH made zoodles and cooked some spaghetti, for a 1/2 and 1/2 sort of version. It turned out really well, but I was too tired to eat. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

omg, just checked out that L.A. thread. soooo many places i’d like to try, but soooo little time and stomach real estate!

but I think gjusta is a definite maybe??!! Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

@TheCookie - do they serve beer/wine there? hard to tell from the website…

1 Like

De Nada! Mucho mas anavesieros, con mucho almor, salud Y dinero!

We had some amazing meals during my last trip to LA (over five years ago now), but I do recall Superba in Venice making even more of an impact than Baco and Gjelina.

Happy almost anniversary!

2 Likes

Grilled tuna with chili-honey sauce, buttered rice steamed in broth, and lemon-pepper broccoli with olive oil. Old vine zin in our glasses.

15 Likes

Looks great

1 Like