What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

To be honest, I stole the name from something I had at Brix in Napa.
It was a “riff” on something like Pan-Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Raisins

I essentially put some pine nuts and golden raisins in a pan with some butter, let the butter brown a little, then added some panko bread crumbs, a splash of vinegar, and some Chimichuri seasoning from Whole Spice..
I sort of think a “crumble” should have flour or oatmeal, but this one didn’t.

5 Likes

Mexican chicken burgers with cheese, avocado, tomato, blistered peppers and “Spanish” quinoa, kale in lemon-garlic dressing. Many things from the garden.

19 Likes

Wheat berry salad with fennel, avocado, tomato, and various other things.

18 Likes

Espagnol certainly does exist, it is the world for “Spanish” in the French language.

4 Likes

Stunning.

1 Like

I had tomato wraps to use up so I went with mock burritos. Stuffed with ground lamb, grated cheese blend of leftover nobs. topped with green salsa, plain Greek yogurt and diced avocado. Frozen Sangria and red rice. Trying to clean out the frig before we head back to CA.

Loving all your meal ideas this weekend!

R

7 Likes

Gorgeous photo of your main!

1 Like

Smoking some St. Louis ribs.

14 Likes

Aww, thanks @Rooster!

@corvette_johnny this one is for you :grinning:
Costco had some beautiful sweet meaty huge King crab legs and dungeness crab. We bought 2 King crab legs and 4 dungeness crabs. Mrs. P simply steamed them and we had them with TPSTOB and old bay seasoning :yum: Mrs. P also made a refreshing corn salad on the side. There was so much crab meat in each dungeness crab and King Crab leg that we have 2 dungeness crab left over for tomorrow. I’m sure Johnny could have finished them all off in one meal :grinning:

17 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Whoa, those are delicious-looking monsters!

3 Likes

Oven slow roasted cauliflower and tomatoes with pork chops.

13 Likes

Grilled zucchini

Foccacia

With minestrone

12 Likes

I needed this dinner (spinach, sliced steak, shaved Asiago, radishes, pumpkin seeds, and red onion with balsamic dressing)…

After this lunch

15 Likes

@gcaggiano I’ll have one of each, please.

1 Like

BF and I had bit of a staycation - went to a tiny town 45 minutes away and spent just the one night. Port Costa, cute as hell town on the water, originally a landing for a railroad ferry, has a hotel that was a bordello in the late 1800s, really incredibly good restaurant next door, and a giant bar in a warehouse (called The Warehouse :smiley:) And that’s about it. Had some beers and caught a live band playing outside on the patio of the bar, then had dinner. We split a burrata salad with wonderful Josey Baker bread, a wedge salad with green goddess dressing (wasn’t very wedgey but delish), and a plate of great fried chicken with biscuits, slaw and sausage gravy. Half the chicken came back to the room with us for the BF’s late night snackage. Gorgeous sunset, many many cocktails at the restaurant bar and then at The Warehouse, view from our room this a.m., and the complimentary honey-buttered cornbread and fresh-squeezed juice from the hotel’s cafe. we’ll definitely be back.

Late afternoon snack for me was those preserved tomatoes I made the other night over garlic-rubbed toast topped with the obligatory runny egg. This may be dinner too.
Hope everyone had a great long weekend, and that the east coasters stay safe and dry!!

18 Likes

Any -cation not in your own home is a vacation! :grinning:

4 Likes

hah - i thought it meant not leaving your town! ok, fine - mini vacay!

3 Likes

They were :yum: There was so much crab meat that we couldn’t eat it all. We had to save 2 dungeness crab for dinner tomorrow. The huge King crab legs averaged $20 a leg, and the meaty dungeness crab were well worth the average price of $12.50 per crab. I think Costco has these sales before each major holiday.

1 Like