What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Thanks Mr. Met!

Mrs. P made Asian pulled duck leg confit tostados with a refreshing side of corn salad. Details and pictures are in the WFD thread below.

1 Like

Our friend from Staten Island had us over for a caviar dinner. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

1 Like

Late night Long Hots, Zucchini, Scallions, and Eggs. Getting my greens in.

5 Likes

Mrs. P made her summer quail salad. Details and pictures in the link below.

We had a real crab fest tonight thanks to the beautiful King crab legs and dungeness crab that we bought at Costco. Below is a link to the mouthwatering pictures.

2 Likes

Beautiful stuff. The Costco king crab legs are really such an amazing deal and so easy to make. I have no idea why we haven’t done this recently in my house.
What wine did you guys have with it?

2 Likes

Thanks @Metsfan86! Yes, the huge and meaty King crab legs
were only about $20 per leg, and the huge dungeness crab averaged about $12.50 each…
I didn’t have any wine tonight. I have been drinking all weekend :slightly_smiling_face: Tonight was all about the crab :grinning:

1 Like

The rain yesterday mid-smoke threw me for a loop and then I wrapped mid way through (which I never do…and probably won’t again) I ended up with too soft, falling off the bone ribs. Boo.

But in the past I’ve put a couple pics of decent food in this thread, have to show the crap, too.

7 Likes

After 2 decadent dinners of King crab claws and Dungeness crab, with a ton of butter, we decided to have a healthy dinner of cauliflower steak for a change. Below are the details and pictures.

2 Likes

{{Sigh}} cleaned out the beach club cabana this weekend, my son went back to school on Tuesday and football season is upon us. This all means it’s the “unofficial” end of summer here at the Jersey shore area…it also means it’s the start of Sunday pots of gravy!!!

My son came home to watch the Giants game with his old man and I’m sending him back with a feast for the young men of TKE.

Pot of gravy, meatballs (60), sausage (5lbs), lasagna (3 trays), chicken parm (2 dozen) - all with 3lbs of rigatoni’s!!

LET’S GO GIANTS!!!

10 Likes

oh man. That looks amazing. Lucky young man you have there. Beats my college game day treat of Wawa Sub. Beef/Pork/Veal for the MB?
What kind of tomatoes do you use?
Surprised I can’t smell that outside my door yet!!!

NY 7- Dal 0!!!

2 Likes

Man, the boys are going to be chowing down. I wonder if any food will make it until tomorrows game?

So what kind of sausage?

1 Like

Yes beef, pork and veal. San marazano whole peeled.

@corvette_johnny I honestly like Shop Rite brand sausage, I only use hot and theirs are good.

4 Likes

what brand tomatoes if you don’t mind me asking? I used to used the san Marzano too but they were a bit bitter to me last few time so I switched to ground peeled -scalfani if I can find them around here (tad sweet the other way for me but does the job).

1 Like

No brand loyalty here I let price decide when I’m making a pot.

2 Likes

Wow! I can just imagine how jazzed those guys were! Looks amazing.

1 Like

The food looks great. The Giants not so much.

2 Likes

I use Nina’s DOB for Sunday Gravy, every day tomato I use Pastene or Kitchen Magic, both are crushed and ready to use from California.

2 Likes

Who needs takeout? Special tofu Hunan style, just before I added the crunchy peanut topping.

8 Likes