What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Looks like Impossible Taco Pie has muscled it’s way back in to our dinner rotation after decades being absent. DW went through the high dive to put it together last might…

16 Likes

had to share. went to happy hour for dinner last night, and the star of the show was lobster fries. LOBSTER FRIES. the menu description - lobster, bisque, sauteed veggies - sounded odd to me: you’re putting soup on my fries??? but my friend ordered them and they were completely delicious. who knew?

16 Likes

You and me both, Gio! Very good to see you! :heart:

4 Likes

Dang, to this native New Englander, that sounds like heresy. I’m not even sure what to think. I’ll let that stew for a bit.

ETA: Hmmm…They do look good, though.

4 Likes

does this have the Bisquick topping? I can’t tell…

oh yum! and gorgeous too!

1 Like

that is one beautiful gazpacho…

3 Likes

Yes it does, Maria. Wife then adds diced chiles, sliced tomatoes and shredded sharp cheddar cheese to cap the dish off.

4 Likes

I remember making that version of impossible pie in the 80’s. They kept coming up with new versions. We both thought it was really tasty and I appreciated the ease of making it as the mother of an infant, while working also. Fancier or more involved cooking was saved for the weekends.

Brings back memories - good ones!

6 Likes

oh, YUM.

1 Like

Mushrooms

Give us this day our daily greens, and some pasta while you’re at it. With sausage and peppers would be nice…

17 Likes

Small plate dinner. Steelhead tail and belly from the smoker with micro green salad and leftover coleslaw.

14 Likes

Looks delicious! I’ve been fascinated with impossible pies and quiches for a while but haven’t tried to make one just yet…

Early happy hour after a theatre matinee with a friend - drinks were strong, and she only wanted to order crap. Sigh. But it’s her birthday tomorrow, so I went along with it.

Leftovers later… after a few hours walking the drunk and the mound of chips off.

5 Likes

Love your meals

2 Likes

Today I scrapped my usual lengthy commute and worked remotely. The time I saved from commuting I happily repurposed for after school cooking projects with the kiddos.

We made granola bars with sunflower butter, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and blueberries. Then because it’s starting to feel like fall, a batch of baked apple cider doughnuts, which turned out beautifully. Then for a special treat for lunch boxes — pigs in blankets made with puff pastry and Trader Joe’s nitrate free organic hot dogs (for whatever those adjectives are worth).

Worn out by those projects, dinner was lasagna made earlier this week— ground turkey, spinach and ricotta were the main stars. I have taken to skipping the last pasta layer and just topping the top layer of meat sauce with cheese. While it’s Slightly less firm when first out of the oven, we don’t miss the extra pasta layer on top.

14 Likes

I love this meal.

Never heard of Impossible Pie but it looks right up my alley. Are those tomatoes under that yellow cheese? Bisquick topping? I must know more!

1 Like

Ditto @Scubadoo97!

1 Like

Comfort food for one.

Ground chicken fillet porridge. Added an egg with an umeboshi (pickled plum). Quick and easy.

12 Likes