What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

I truly didn’t realize they got that big @emglow101! Really beautiful though; did you happen to weigh or measure her before releasing?

Processed a bunch of our tomatoes yesterday. Left 3 fresh ones out, skinned, cored and froze the non plum tomatoes and made a red sauce with the plum tomatoes and Italian sausage for dinner. I even pressed the skins and cores through the finer holed chinois, and got about 3 cups of beautiful purée.

DH made zoodles and cooked some spaghetti, for a 1/2 and 1/2 sort of version. It turned out really well, but I was too tired to eat. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

omg, just checked out that L.A. thread. soooo many places i’d like to try, but soooo little time and stomach real estate!

but I think gjusta is a definite maybe??!! Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

@TheCookie - do they serve beer/wine there? hard to tell from the website…

1 Like

De Nada! Mucho mas anavesieros, con mucho almor, salud Y dinero!

We had some amazing meals during my last trip to LA (over five years ago now), but I do recall Superba in Venice making even more of an impact than Baco and Gjelina.

Happy almost anniversary!

2 Likes

Grilled tuna with chili-honey sauce, buttered rice steamed in broth, and lemon-pepper broccoli with olive oil. Old vine zin in our glasses.

15 Likes

Looks great

1 Like

Threw a chicken on the TEC grill on indirect heat. Didn’t take long to come up to temp

10 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice. Any special prep (marinade, rub)? No skin on top. Are you a skin remover? :slightly_smiling_face:

Campfire Steak Tips from my local butcher, baked tater with the ol’ PSTOB and some sour cream, asparagi. A single glass of wine.

14 Likes

You always balance your meals soooo well…(I will be over tomorrow…)
Looks so delish… I am under the weather with the PSTOHC…(Proverbial Shit Ton of Head Cold)
Hello Nyquil!

5 Likes

No . Just get them back in the water as quick as possible

3 Likes

No I like skin. While spatchcocking the bird the skin tore and pulled up during cooking. It still rendered ok

2 Likes

Kinda what I thought @emglow101, but thanks for confirming.

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Bloom in Verona. Below is a link with details and pictures for anyone that might be interested.

2 Likes

Okay, we can be friends again.

1 Like

Such discipline. Steak looks great. How’d you make it?

BLT - because we are finally getting summer weather in San Francisco.

12 Likes