What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Thighs, my favourite part in chicken. Sounds damn tasty indeed, thanks for your recipe.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Tonight was a mish-mash. Had chicken breasts smeared with a blend of cheese, bread crumbs, scallions, and butter baked in the oven. Side of air-fried portobello mushroom fries and leftover pasta from last night. No pics.

However, I do have a pic of tonight’s drink. I used some raspberry-Limoncello a friend made mixed with vodka for a nice martini. Normally, Saturday night is my classic dirty gin martini night but I needed a chance of pace.

And lunch today was a classic BLT.

16 Likes

Wow oh wow.

1 Like

You just keep topping out with these great meals , over and over again. Cheers :wine_glass:

2 Likes

love his golden locks!

1 Like

Messy plating but this turned out well. Cannellini bean salad, with FM early girl tomatoes, Black Forest bacon, fresh torn mozz, basil, romaine, and a basil/parsley/garlic/calabrian chili/lemon juice chimichurri-ish dressing. Toasted garlic-rubbed bread that we also used to sop up the rest of the BF’s pan con tomate sauce from yesterday. Good summery fare, though we returned to Fogust today in San Francisco.

Earlier, my sister made a delicious tortilla de patata and left it runnier than usual inside, as you often find in Barcelona. We snacked on it before tacos for lunch from a local taco truck. Cabeza y tripa are my faves.

It was a day of good eats.

17 Likes

I don’t miss the fog , but I miss what’s available.

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

Darn!

1 Like

Glorious Summer day for grillin’:
High, blue sky. Dragonflies and butterflies flitting around our yard. Aircraft making low approaches from the northwest, across the Detroit River into Windsor, Ontario. Shade to sit in, while I sipped a dry Gin Martini, and watched the Weber create hickory scented smoke.

Pork Country Ribs & Yukon Gold Potatoes smoking away…

19 Likes

With what may be the early arrival of autumn, there’s to be a very seasonal lentil and butternut squash soup/stew. Other backnote flavours come from onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary, bay, red wine vinegar and parsley. It may need some bread.

5 Likes

I don’t think you want that Greg…it is like sticking your foot in your mouth!

I haven’t ever noticed that seasoning mix. It looks like it just melts and glazes the meat. Sounds like a perfect summer evening!

2 Likes

Probably the brown sugar, but I fear to read the ingredient label… :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes - some times it is better not to know! The meat really looked delicious. I’m looking forward to fall when it will be cool enough to enjoy eating dinner outdoors.

1 Like

Those pork country ribs are a thing of beauty.

4 Likes

Thank you, Eli.

1 Like

Cracked pepper turkey, Muenster cheese, spinach, tomato, and stone ground mustard.

9 Likes

And very important detail - no dishes! :grin:

3 Likes