What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Happy birthday! I applaud your style of celebrating. Wishing you much deliciousness.

3 Likes

The bottle label:

3 Likes

Felicitations and salutations and many happy returns!

3 Likes

Happy birthday! :tulip:

2 Likes

At the school where I work, we’ve always added this birthday song:

Kings and queens,
And princes too,
Want to wish the best to you,
So wish day, wash day,
What do you say, birthday,
Happy birthday to you!

No one remembers where it came from. Hope you had a great birthday!

4 Likes

So hot, so much work, but still dinner was needed. The frig was full of straggling produce box items, so we made a quick veggie potato salad. Nuked a potato, cut and quickly blanched some green beans, cut up cherry tomatoes, a half a grilled chicken breast. Cooked some bacon and then made some croutons (buried under the salad) in the bacon fat. Dressing was some mustard/honey/red wine vinegar/evoo. Turned out better then expected.

14 Likes

Happy birthday! Cheers to many, many more!

1 Like

And many happy returns!

1 Like

On order and due in 25 minutes - muhammara, moutabel, fatoush, tabbouleh, kofta kebab.

The fridge/freezer gave up its booty - khobez bread, chilli sauce, olives, pickled wild cucumber and pickled turnip. All originally from the Turkish shop a few minutes drive away.

There was a brief family birthday lunch, leftovers in the form of sandwiches and sausage rolls will be tomorrow’s lunch. And, assuming dessert is needed tonight, there’s lemon tart and raspberrries and a passion fruit Victoria sponge cake.

To misquote the slogan of one of the UK’s leading department store chains, we are never knowingly underfed.

8 Likes

I’ll add my birthday wishes here. It sounds like a very good birthday, the entertainments but most especially the food! :cake::birthday:

1 Like

My kind of salad. Bacon makes (almost) everything better. And so does DP.

My salad. J/K. Got 2 bottles for the partner recently.

12 Likes

Very astute observation Presunto!

So inappropriate, but I can’t figure out what this acronym means, aside from something sketchy :joy:

1 Like

Yup - it’s a Friday. @ChristinaM’s mind is in the gutter. :wink:

It’s for “Dom Perignon”, missy!

3 Likes

What does J/K have to do with Dom Perignon?

Happy Birthday to you, dear fellow Leo! Is there no such thing as a birthday month, there?
It sure is a thing in my world… :grin:

2 Likes

Merci! I love the name…

1 Like

Too funny! The DP was a gift from my partner a few years back and we have not cracked it yet. It’s been sitting in the bar for a few years gently aging until I don’t know when… :champagne::clinking_glasses:

i only recently discovered the deliciousness that is Israeli feta - from Trader Joe’s, of all places. I’m sure it’s not the best on offer, but it has made me want to seek it out elsewhere.

2 Likes

damn, this looks so good…