What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Homemade pizza (bread maker!) with homemade sausage and homegrown basil. Homegrown kale salad in lemon-garlic citronette on the side.

16 Likes

heh - you’re right, I was born in NY!

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Homemade Egg McMuffins! With a side of roasted potatoes and a glass of orange juice that may or may not have had vodka in it.

15 Likes

NFW…where ?..Your accent was never picked up by me… I think I am the consummate New Yorka… along now with Ttrockwood and Sargema…

1 Like

If you have a drive through window I’ll order two next time I’m North bound!

3 Likes

We had another sensational dinner at our favorite new BYO of 2019 Bloom in Verona, NJ. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

3 Likes

Thanks @LindaWhit & @mariacarmen! That’s the first tine I’ve been satisfied with how my thick pork chops turned out.

1 Like

Tonight my favorite place in Mt Shasta. The Garden Tap . Tomorrow . Chile Colorado. Smoking the pork butt for around 4 hours . Then braising in the Chile sauce . And I am going to add a couple anchovies. Heh heh . Cheers :wine_glass:

12 Likes

well, we’ve never actually met or spoken, so… :upside_down_face:

but no, we moved to CA when i was a baby, so if anything I have a California accent.

1 Like

yeah, i have to admit i’m the poster child for Leos…

My Grandma used to reroll the dough scraps and add some extra cinnamon-sugar apples, and fold up the edges for a rough galette and then bake it. She called them “Sorry Taints”, which stood for “sorry (i)t ain’t something more.”

6 Likes

Your secret is safe with us! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m going to get on the map and figure where Mt Shasta is, because I want to retire there! :blush: It seems lovely.

1 Like

From los Angeles take hwy 5 , 602.6 miles north

2 Likes

TGIF bitches! Catching up on a few meals here.

Spicy Italian sausage, fresh fettuccine with vodka pink sauce, and zucchini/onions sautéed.

Pasta salad (only made this because I got a free box of Braille chickpea pasta in this weeks produce box). Added tomatoes, zucchini, turkey, carrots, basil, and Italian dressing. It worked for a quick meal.

And tonight, burgers on muffins with tomato, spinach, pickles, cheddar. Wine!

And last but not least, DH brought home pies from a place near his work… this was the blueberry pop tart. We still have razzleberry, and Mexican confetti chocolate for later this weekend. Each pie is a mini individual size so about three perfect bites if you share.

11 Likes

Whadda bout me? I was born in NY too!

1 Like

Starter - hot smoked salmon, salad leaves, horseradish mayo

Main - beef rib (from the farm a couple of counties away), roast spuds, roast carrots, chard, gravy, mustard

Pudding - rhubarb pie (farm shop), custard

7 Likes

Eating our vegetables.

Zucchini noodles sautéed with fresh tomato, corn, garlic scape, olive oil, and a tiny pinch of dried chile.

Light creamy sauce made by stirring in a heaping spoonful of Sophia’s Greek yogurt at the end. The yogurt combined smoothly with the liquid given off by the sautéed zucchini.

Not pictured, Parmesan cheese we microplaned over our portions at the table.

13 Likes

Great meals! Dessert aint shabby, either.

1 Like

Fancy!