What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

If you like beer, Bearded Iris is amazing

1 Like

This is the name I meant, lol, not Daughters & Sons

1 Like

I enjoyed Hattie B’s - both chicken and sides - but it’s extremely similar to an Asheville hot chicken joint called Rocky’s that has no wait. Barista Parlor is a really great coffee shop with several locations and killer biscuit breakfast sandwiches and cronuts. We also had surprisingly good wood-fired pizza, mussels, and salad at City Taphouse near the convention center. Also in that area, we had pretty good tacos at Bakersfield, but they were quite small and expensive. Nothing you couldn’t get at your neighborhood taqueria for half the price.

1 Like

Last I was there, food delivery to the resort was limited (postmates etc included). Hope it’s improved.

1 Like

Yes please!

2 Likes

Mrs. P made spicy Andouille sausage, peppers, and onions with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano :yum:

15 Likes

I needed a quick dinner. What else is new? I vaguely remember a different time but this is where I am now. Grilled chicken following loosely a recipe I found in cooks from 2007 with a mustard/chive dressing. Zucchini. Corn. Wine for sides. Is it Friday yet???

12 Likes

That’s very close to being spectacular.

1 Like

So weather.com told me that precipitation would decrease to 35% after 3 PM. I rolled the Weber out of the garage, and was immediately greeted by 100% precipitation. For hours.

The Burgers went under the Broiler instead of on the grill.

14 Likes

Thanks Jimmy! Those burgers look pretty spectacular too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A “simple gifts” meal of
cantaloupe

sweet corn

artichoke soup with andouille

11 Likes

Wow! Yours look like the pictures in ATK’s new cookbook The Ultimate Burger.

1 Like

I wanted the BF to make a snacky dinner tonight with the leftover stuff from camping - crackers, chips, salami, cheese, bread, pate, etc., but instead he made this. It was all things that needed to be eaten, and a much healthier, certainly tastier, dinner. But we still have all that crap left and I hate throwing shit out! :frowning_face:

10 Likes

Chicken legs and thighs on the webber. I like to add a hunky of oak wood for flavor and color . Simple salad and some macaroni. Wine to drink .Cheers .

11 Likes

¡Pobrecita!

1 Like

Back home from the short trip and a nearly empty fridge, I could still make 2 dinners without the need of going to shop.

Tofu with seaweed and scallions

Eels with soba noodles

Pork shoulder with pan fried banana. Plaintain was definitively ripe, I still cooked them. Pork marinated with fresh oregano and garlic, cooked in oven with foil for 2.5 hours and without for 25 minutes.

Definitely need to run to the shops today!

19 Likes

You are killing it! I feel you tho.

1 Like

Eel looks so fantastic

2 Likes

Thanks. I absolutely don’t feel like that, but WHATEVER. It is Friday. It might stop raining. Husband comes home tonight!

Our last two dinners were cashew chicken with brown rice and whatever vegetables I could find,

and fish tacos with homemade pintos and cilantro slaw.

13 Likes