What's for Dinner #45 - 05/2019 - The Sunshiny, Flowery & Blooming May Edition

Whoa yum! What was the celebration for??

1 Like

I whipped up dinner in 20 minutes last night. Not counting the earlier time to marinade the pork chops in soy sauce, garlic, sugar, worsteshire and mustard. Served with quinoa, broccoli and Vidalia onions.

12 Likes

Well, that’s just been a fantastic couple of hours. Just fantastic.

7 Likes

10 years married :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wishing you many more! :champagne:

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nice portion for half a steak…

1 Like

Already? You sound like a newlywed !

2 Likes

Another Rice Stick Stir Fry. This one with Snow Pea Pods, Button Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts & Pistachio Meats…

11 Likes

Like usual, a few meals of the week.

Endive gratin with white sauce and Emmental cheese.

Last night meal was TERRIBLE. Read about the Kansas City smokehouse on another thread on HO. Decided to give a try, MISTAKE. Nothing was right. Brisket, ribs and pulled pork arrived cold, dried and tasteless, fries were cold and soaked. Beer ordered, but never arrived. The bill was wrong (of course charged more we have ordered) and with the loud music…

To erase the nightmare of the last dinner, we decided to go to another Smokehouse, Texas style. Much better! Food were warm and decently cooked! Delicious! YAY!

9 Likes

Sorry :neutral_face:!

Lol yeah? Why?

Second one looks much better!

Not your fault! That article was really promising, the pitmaster seems to be a good one, but the owner wants to sell drinks than food. The concept is a sports bar and is located on the street in Saint Michel with all the tourist traps. Husband didn’t even want to enter, but I insisted. LOL. Now we know that Kitchens Nightmare type of restaurants really existed!

4 Likes

Don’t know, just a feeling! 10 years usually we start hearing some grumbling about DH. LOL.

3 Likes

And many more! We have our 43rd coming up in under two weeks!

9 Likes

I had such a lovely day. Bright blue skies, temps got up to 75°, I got to see a friend, and I got to have a Me Day. I’ll visit with Mom later next week when I have a couple of days off.

Up to Amesbury to visit the Golden Apple Market at Cider Hill Farm where I bought Essex Sea Salt Caramel Sauce and Blood Orange Marmalade from my friend Jeannine of Salter’s Point Provisions, some local-to-me honey, and some scrunchies. Then to Newburyport where I found shoes for Mom just like what she has that has been wearing out and she wanted again. Mom is going to love me best. :grin:

So, errands, then home to spend time reading in the afternoon sun on my deck with my first summer drink, a Cape Codder.

Dinner was BISO chickie boobies marinated in orange juice, ponzu sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, Aleppo pepper, and honey. Roasted in the oven until done, basting with the marinade.

Sides were Armenian Rice Pilaf and green beans. Wine with dinner.

And cider donuts from Cider Hill Farms for dessert. Not the same as ones in the fall, but still good.

19 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::champagne::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses: congratulations and many many more!!!

3 Likes

Wow! That’s huge!

1 Like