What's for Dinner #43 - 03/2019 - the SMarch Edition

Beef noodle soup :ramen:.

17 Likes

These ones

I like them because they’re crunchy and not oily

But too salty

Found this on this menu :

ANTICO RISOTTO SABAUDO

A carnaroli superfino risotto cooked with ham, green peas and creamy cheese. An old recepe from the House of Savoy

The House of Savoy (Italian: Casa Savoia ) is a royal family that was established in 1003 in the historical Savoy region. (Wikipedia)

Use it more like a sauce to accompany pasta or rice?

I’m thinking also something like in the style of hachis parmentier / Shepherd’s pie… maybe cook more to thicken slightly.

Of course soup works like many has suggested.

Real tostones by nature are a thick cut then flattened after frying

Saw this wild duck (or goose?) on my way not too far from home, I usually see them in the river la Seine but from a distance quite far away. Didn’t know it was so BIG, at least 50 cm / 1,65 feet height. Luckily the telephone camera click didn’t bother its rest.

Last night was guinea hen with cider, calvados, raisins and hazelnuts. Original recipe called for walnuts. Cooked the bird with butter (or duck fat), a sweet pear and apple cider, hazelnuts, chicken broth, cream, salt and pepper in a closed lid cocotte for 30 minutes. Added raisins and cooked for another 20 minutes without the lid and slight raised the temperature for the last 10 minutes to brown it. The sauce was delicious, especially I added too much Calvados (a slight regret), bird was moist and tender. Recipe here, sure to remake again.

Sided with a radish, mushroom green salad and fresh craft gnocchi expressed delivery from Nice (a nice gift from neighbour!) with butter.

Yesterday was pasta with mussels, cooked with a muscadet and safran, accompanied with Top Chef.

18 Likes

Did not know they had cream cheese in 1003…

1 Like

DH made cumin beef from Fuchsia Dunlop’s Every Grain of Rice, served up with brown rice.

18 Likes

I want to eat in your household.

2 Likes

@Mr_Happy

Same here. One more pair of chopsticks please.

2 Likes

Yum! That looks good.

What were the vegetables, bamboo shoots?

Yellow pepper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always amazing meals.

2 Likes

Thx scubadoo! But grateful to all that are contributing to ideas and knowledge I’m getting from this WFD thread and HO! Thanks everybody!! :hugs:

4 Likes

Which makes it weird that TJs are a perfect circle, you can see the bodega chips are the classic cut and smashed shape like the fresh fried ones.

I like that recipe a lot. Hope it came out well for you. That is one of my favorite cookbooks.

1 Like

Yeah, but they didn’t have any bagels and lox.

Just another quick and easy crab cake meal with roasted potatoes and salad

12 Likes

it all looks great! did you make those dumplings/siu mai?

You did. I’m leaving dosas to the professionals.

Dinner - chicken breasts baked with a maple syrup & grain mustard glaze (an idea from Nigel Slater’s “Eat”), cornbread, BBQ butter beans. The latter is brown gloop from the freezer - we have no memory of what this was like or where the recipe came from. Hopefully it will be fine but, if not, it’s only dinner.

2 Likes