What's For Dinner #40 - 12/2018 - The Hearth and Home Edition

French dip for dinner.

13 Likes

Just what you get @McD…but I guess if you hold a lot of stock in the company, you might want to call it a “proprietary” dish…

What a meal!!!

1 Like

Merry & Happy, everyone, to those who celebrate. I spent the last 4 days at my sister’s, helping with her dog boarding biz, so food was as usual just take-out Chinese/snacks, eaten standing at the stove. We did get steamed Costco crabs on Sunday, which were delicious, with some French pink bubbles, and yesterday I made a small rack of TJs lamb, with a crust made of dijon, minced garlic, thyme, parsley, lemon zest and olive oil, as well as a bit of smashed up panko crumbs. Turned out great. Alongside were duck-fat roasted taters, with added butter, and a salad of arugula in a dijon/sherry vinegar dressing.

16 Likes

Crab and Lamb and salad and drinks.
I could eat that every day for a long time.
It would be worth the try.
I bet it would sell a lot of diet books.
:wink:

5 Likes

Ok.Ok…we know what you ate…but what about the puppies??? special meals???

3 Likes

the special meals were the ones I posted pics of! the rest were just snacking, take-out chinese.

here’s a pic of pups for you. dogs begging for a treat at the park when I took them for a walk.

Lola, Henry, and Taco. (Lola and Taco are ours, Henry is a guest dog.)

9 Likes

yes. “How to Gain Weight as Fast as Possible.” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the 4 legged persons…They are so special!!! Merry Christmas guys!

3 Likes

The xmas meals, to be honest I wasn’t eating a lot (not my favourite meal anyway), as this year my role was to assure everything was going all right, meaning cleaning dishes between courses, serving everybody, making sure the kids were not trying to burn down the house etc… my MIL forgot the the capon and left it 1 hour in an switched off oven, result: too cooked, too dried.

At one point, the cats came hiding with me in a bedroom from the kids and I fell asleep for a few minutes and missed the coffee and just in time for the dessert.

16 Likes

Best wishes everyone! And to all our furry friends too!

Talking about 4-legs, while typing the post, MIL’s cat tried to throw the Christmas decorations on the floor, hunts and chase after them! Ripping the rug and fighting (playing) with my cat are their routine. They seem to be on steroids these days. So funny!

12 Likes

@Mr_Happy

Terrific meals!

@mariacarmen

Lamb and crab were excellent ideas. Here, the meals are more classical, turkey or capon, oysters and scallops have to be on the menu.

2 Likes

Liked!

1 Like

Well, since it is kitty time-

The newbie (the siamese) finally has a name. He seems to have decided upon Skylar.

15 Likes

wild argentina shrimp, sautéed in garlic, a tin of anchovy and small amount of chipotle adobo sauce added to pasta
Pasta is barilla plus thin protein plus spaghetti cooked in shrimp shell broth with a parmesan rind,
Picture shows cooked pasta , before adding pesto and parmesan cheese
Vegetable dish was butternut squash roasted in EVOO, added seasonings ( S/P, garlic, Mexican spice from Rancho Gordo), added beets, diced apples, spinach and feta cheese with hoe made vinaigrette ( lemon, lemon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, S/P, mustard honey and wine vinegar as well as cider vinegar) Forgot to take pictures.
Bo eft overs.

15 Likes

Wow, Skylar and circus cat are so cute!! Lucky mom!

3 Likes

This is yum, please save some leftover for me.

Long day at work, even with just 11 of 35 home office employees in the office today. But ordering pizza for lunch for those of us there helped. :wink:

Need to start using up stuff in my freezer and pantry, so a half bag of Wegmans Girelle pasta, a garlic-cheese sausage from my butcher squoze from its casing and sauteed, some peas, a half can of canned pumpkin, a heavy sploosh of white wine, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and a grating of nutmeg all came together for an easy dinner, topped with grated Parm-Reg.

There WAS wine as libation.

11 Likes

Ohhhh, just adorable!!!

1 Like