What's For Dinner #40 - 12/2018 - The Hearth and Home Edition

What you said in that second sentence, @Saregama! I had THREE bottles left and made sure I stopped at Wegmans on the way home from Mom’s on Saturday (at 5pm, no less!) to pick up a half dozen more. LOL

5 Likes

There’s a big tarbais beans thread here somewhere. I’ve never had them so following…

2 Likes

They don’t last long here anymore :joy:

5 Likes

Decided to go w/out cod.

16 Likes

Couldnt find it…

There was a bit of discussion here:

5 Likes

i hear you…i’m so terminally bored of all the delivery options near my work, and that’s even without the additional constraints you’ve got. hang in there…

1 Like

just sent you D’artagnan’s duck confit recipe using tarbais beans
As I mentioned, I would never pay $19.99 for a pound of tarbais beans ( from D’artagnan or Amazon) as 3 lbs is required for that recipe
I always used white Cannelloni beans
Well, when I found them at $6.99 from Rancho Gordo, I ordered 9 pounds, made the duck confit using 3 lbs and was disappointed bec it was too heavy. So, my suggestion is using 2 lbs instead

3 Likes

Appreciate it!

Very creamy bean, cooks up in 25 mins once soaked overnight.

3 Likes

A riff on a Jet Tila Fried Rice recipe from 101 Asian Dishes You Have To Cook Before You Die:

T’was delicious!

10 Likes

So “in the real world” I’m actually a fashion designer (womens ready to wear) and my party go to is black on black with excessive jewelry and bright lipstick :joy: of course great shoes help but depends how sober i am and how long I’ll be standing…!

8 Likes

Caldo Verde tonight with some crusty garlic studded bread. This is red light food for me. Just love a simple soup or stew

12 Likes

Looks wonderful! It’s the perfect meal on a cold December. Cheers!

Yeah we’re down in the 50’s now :yum:

1 Like

30 degrees here but it feels like 10💨

Ouch! I hate to be cold

1 Like

Grilled octopus salad,… the parts there off over some Arugla…

11 Likes

This was lo mein noodles with green onions, ginger, hot pepper flakes, garlic and shrimp…lightened it up with some shrimp stock and butter, evoo s+p…and a no no…grated parm/reg on top

9 Likes

Phreddy, what’s your method on grilled octopus? I really enjoy ordering it at restaurants.