What's for Dinner #38 - the Spooky Oct '18 Edition

Yup, the belly meat is the best in my book too

1 Like

I made a quick pasta with shrimp, a handful of tomatoes and a mystery green that was in my CSA basket this week. I love the colors against my aunt’s pottery.

12 Likes

Very delish and fresh looking…
I generally buy shell on shrimp and make a shrimp broth from the shells. I then cook my pasta in the broth…just adds another level…

3 Likes

I like that idea, but these days it is all about speed. The name of the game is how quickly can we get dinner made.

2 Likes

Yes, I purchased the purple sweet potatoes from a farmer’s market. To be honest, I like the purple skin, white flesh sweet potatoes better. The latter are often labeled “Korean” sweet potatoes.

2 Likes

Jealous. I am fairly certain I am allergic. :frowning:

Au contraire! I think it looks great.

Hear, hear!

1 Like

I want to dive into that pot…

1 Like

That sucks! I always peel it though everyone says not to - I wonder if there’s something in the peel… mango peel can cause a reaction, also some other fruits… :thinking:

Lovely meal and lovely pottery!

Did you take a pic of the mystery green? The stems look a bit like red amaranth…

Are you allergic to other fruits?

Thank you! She is quite the talent. The stems were purple and it was a little bitter.

That’s the only one I have found so far. No other food allergies. The second time I ate it my eye got all puffy and I was covered in hives.

At least it is something easy to avoid!

1 Like

WFD, parmesan roasted cauliflower with garlic and thyme for starters. Probably a big loaf of crusty bread with soft rind cheese…still deciding.

Prep photo

8 Likes

Agreed! I do mention it at nice restaurants in the fall/winter

2 Likes

Now roasted with parm topping, nice char. Relaxing Fall day. Have a great evening!

Cheers,
Rooster

9 Likes

I’m in Seattle! Any of you from Seattle? I did try the PCNW board. How about D.C.? I’ll be there for the weekend.