What's for Dinner #37 - the School's Back! Sept '18 Edition

My issue with machines is boredom reguardless of whether I’ve got a movie or device to look at. Walking around multiple neighborhoods at a good clip listening to my favorite tunes just seems to be my ticket

Even still calorie reduction is still needed, but I just can’t bring my self to eliminate a food or food groups so my only option was to reduce quantity

So far it’s worked well

2 Likes

“Winging” a recipe for stuffed pork loin (asked the hubs to get tenderloin, but whatevs), then noticed the recipes I thought I’d remembered seem to include bread crumbs in the stuffing.

My stuffing is cooked chard, tomato sambal, and roasted poblanos.

I assume the bread crumbs absorb some moisture, and help the stuffing hold together. Wonder’s worth un-rolling, and wondering if it’s worth the carbs. Any advices? ( I love saying advices and maths).

11 Likes

A good day - visit with Mom, visit to Penzeys in Arlington, and a visit to Wegmans to restock.

Pan-seared sea scallops in a browned butter-lemon-garlic-wine sauce topped with a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest and Penzeys’ Fine Herbs, rice pilaf, and steamed asparagus (a bit overdone).

And wine for the cook. Of course.

14 Likes

Used the steam convection oven for the last of the okra. No steam, just convection bake. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion

Figured the oven would give me more control than the microwave

3 Likes

Holy SMOKES that glaze is just perfect! What is doenjang? I’ve seen gochujang, but not doenjang. I’m not a huge fan of overly spicy hot, so I’d probably back off on total quantities, but always interested in new (to me) ingredients.

2 Likes

I live on the wild (read: lazy) side - wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

It’s Korean fermented soybean paste - not spicy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hot beef dip sandwiches for dinner here with a side of oven French fries. I picked up some Mango sorbet that I can’t wait to try for dessert.

6 Likes

Another turkey meatloaf sandwich this time on pumpernickel with extra spicy mustard and melted cheddar. Pickles, coleslaw, icy cold Blue Moon and plums for dessert.

We are 10 songs away from our goal of 500 food tunes if anyone wants to jump over to that topic and join in😎

Your meals inspire this cook in training freakin every night!

Cheers!

9 Likes

Fini!

19 Likes

Gorgeous pinwheel. Wow.

2 Likes

:blush:

Looks fab! How did you like it?

1 Like

The point is getting your heart rate up. Then by adding arm exercises, I lost weight, or reproportioned weight, without even intending to. If you have back pain, you should probably consult a physical therapist to find out what are the best exercises/stretches for you.

I used to do an hour of kickboxing 3 times a week - great cardio with the benefit of getting to punch and kick the shit out of the bag. Sadly, our coach left and I’ve not worked out since.

Starvation will hopefully eventually do the trick. It’s too cold for dresses now, and my pants don’t fit.

4 Likes

My husband and I have been fasting during the day Monday through Friday and then eating and drinking whatever we want at night and on weekends. We’re each down about 15. Sadly, I’ve sort of plateaued lately and would like to lose some more, but still feel a lot better than I did and instead of going up a size in my jeans, I’m down a size. I seem to have more discipline if I know I can indulge at dinnertime. We do hit the gym a few times a week. (I realize that this is off-topic. Sorry!)

3 Likes

Pretty good! Chard stuffing was a sub fors spinach, which i may have preferred. The best part was, it was not dry! I don’t usually like the loin because it is dry and boring, but this jazzed it up.

5 Likes

Looks amazing!

3 Likes

God, don’t starve- it totally messes up your metabolism. I speak from experience.

I feel your pain though. I’m 42 and the weight battle is getting tougher. I eat mainly low carb- lots of greek yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, fruits- I try to eat protein heavy because protein keeps you fuller longer. I don’t have a lot of time to work out- I mostly use my treadmill and crank the music when I can or do some yoga videos. My goal is to tone, if I lose a bit of weight, that is a bonus (10 lbs max). It’s tough when you are busy. Watch your booze intake because those calories stick with you.

1 Like

Dinner tonight is looking like a marinated spatch-cocked chicken- I think I’m going to go with lemon/oregano/garlic. I have some corn to use, so likely just corn on the cob as a side and green salad. I may pick some of the gorgeous apples from my neighbour’s tree and make a crisp to share with him. It is definitely a fall day here-- super windy!

8 Likes