What's for Dinner #35 - The Summertime In The City July 2018 Edition

Welcome!

If you keep posting photos like this we will eventually find you and show up for dinner! :yum:

Seriously though, that looks fantastic.

5 Likes

Welcome to WFD, for your first post, impressive your lovely lamb burger, good lighting for photo too. Keep them coming!

2 Likes

Well, very slightly smoked, but it was enough to be sensed. Lit up some burned hickory chips, tossed the meat and chips under a glass container and “infused” with smoke for 30 minutes. The original recipe asked for apple wood though.

That looks awesomely delicious.

1 Like

Had some leftover butter chicken in the freezer. Heated it up mixed with some frozen spinach and served with rice.

5 Likes

Thanks for naming the berries for me!

Send along the Sichuan place. I’m here for a while so it’ll be a fun excursion one of these weekends. As long as it’s on the west side of town, that is. Getting to the other side of town is as enjoyable as a root canal. Makes NYC traffic seem pleasant.

@bmorecupcake

True, but I have eaten some good ones, especially with seafood or with scallop or fried with cha siu. Wok hei is important, as well as some good ingredients.

1 Like

The forseeable future will involve ceviche, California rolls, coctel de cameron, smacked cucumbers, zoodles with fresh blender sauces, and probably a few salads as well as chicken on the grill.
IMG_9879

9 Likes

Looks fantastic!

Thank you! With practice I will be more efficient. Gonna try other fillings, too.

Welcome. Nice lamb burger and the photo is the epitome of food pr0n.

I just made a few photos of the restaurant listings. Gonna PM them now.

1 Like

Welcome!
And wow…That totally looks like an expensive fancy restaurant burger!

3 Likes

Ummm… :eyes::fire: yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah. Couldn’t believe it till I used an online converter (45 degrees Celsius).

Keep cool, WeezieD.

1 Like

No, it’s only 38 Celsius. 40 Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit.

I mean tomorrow, 114F.

It’s 29C here tomorrow, my limit is 24C.

My limit is 18C.

1 Like

Invited to a semi last minute gathering yesterday early evening. I seem to be in the minority without a small child in tow these days! The hostess had a vague retro theme of sorts and when i asked what to bring she said a classic pasta salad. Did my best with corkscrews cooked til soft the way kids like them, and some token vegetables with vinegrette. I should have added sliced olives! I’m actually not so enthusiastic about pasta salad myself but it was fairly popular. Another too bright terrible photo for you!

There was also pasta salad, hot dogs and burgers with fixings, a crudite platter with a few dips, chips, beer and rose. Some sort of icebox cake (i think there were graham crackers and pudding involved? Dunno what you call it), watermelon wedges and mini popsicles for the kids. No other photos since my phone was in my bag and I dislike those people at parties who are more interested in their phones than the humans next to them so i try not to keep it on me :wink:
I was home to watch fireworks online, the kids all needed to get to bed before they started anyhow.

7 Likes

Even better. It could be worse so I’m not complaining.

Recipe? I don’t do no stinkin’ recipes, girl.

It’s just olive oil, splash of soy, splash of balsamic, lotsa ground pepper. Season ‘to taste.’

3 Likes

holy CRAP! WELCOME! hubba-hubba!
I need a cigarette after that picture!

6 Likes