What's for Dinner #35 - The Summertime In The City July 2018 Edition

Your eggs look delicious! Breakfast for dinner can be so soothing to the soul.

2 Likes

those are some damned fine scrambled eggs!

3 Likes

Grilled lamb . The star was the tzatziki . Wine to drink. :wine_glass: cheers.

14 Likes

Picked up amberjack and Cobia at my local fishmongers after work today. Tonight was amberjack with spinich pie

10 Likes

Those chops look perfect!

I had tacos from a food truck and later a veggie burger (with corn and peas? Huh?) with cheese and bbq sauce. My babe shared the veggie burger. I also made a hack of a savory Indian semolina cake with tomato sauce, veg, and cheese. Most of that ended up on the floor. :-/

8 Likes

Visit with Mom.
Errands.
More errands.
Then more errands when I couldn’t find what I needed to. If ONLY I had looked up what I was looking for on the magical thing call the Internet to find out it was at a store closest to my house. :smirk:

Dinner was seared scallops with a lemon-garlic-wine sauce, basmati rice cooked in homemade chicken stock, and steamed green beans. Yep. Wine.

15 Likes

Looks wonderful, Linda!

1 Like

Today was biking! And babies! And a bagel!! All wonderful things :smile:
Gorgeous long bike ride which was definitely a bit hot but totally manageable, visited with my bff and her babe as well as a visiting friend from our childhood and her (huge!) three month old.
Stopped for an early dinner bagelwich; sounds weird but trust me the sum of the parts is fantastic! Everything bagel, dairy free cream cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickle slices and red onion. Had half then and other half a while later with kombucha.

Yesterday was a simple cucumber/overpriced decent “heirloom “ tomatoes from canada (??!), scallions, rice wine vinegar, salt, and some of those terrifying looking seitan nuggets that i added after the photo. Kombucha a la carte

9 Likes

Those look delicious! I had scallops too, with black bean sauce. It was good but not photogenic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those tomatoes look gorgeous!

Had about a pound of cherries! Just-could-not-stop-sampling-while-washing…

5 Likes

Great looking chops :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect lamb. Understand the star. I like meat and eat it often but often the other components shine brighter. Those sides look real tasty

3 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Fresh ground chuck burgers ready for the grill with some cut Idaho potatoes that are soaking at the moment to be oven fries a little later

Son+Girlfried and BIL coming over for dinner

5 Likes

I recently read about including ground mushrooms in burgers. It was on Huffington Post. What do you think of the idea?

Had one of our bigger shows last night, so nerves prevented me from eating much of anything beforehand.

We hosted a shindig afterwards, where the hordes polished off a case of wine, many beers, alllll the cheeses & salume we had put out… I think I managed to grab a piece of baguette with Tomme :slight_smile:

That’s a-ok with me, tho, as I am still carrying around my pasta & gelato baby I acquired this summer :smiley:

As for tonight, we picked up a piece of Norwegian salmon & a wahoo steak, both of which will be grilled.

Starter will be burrata caprese, COTC on the side. I’m hungover and feel lazy today. Sue me '-P

7 Likes

I’ve done it somewhere along the line, not recently. Not for this crowd though. My son would lose it if he knew and I think he would be able to tell something was different

I still have too many burgers in the freezer to try it anytime soon. But I probably will at some time.

1 Like