What's for Dinner #34 - June is Bustin' Out All Ovah! Edition - June '18

Love that recipe!

1 Like

It sure does!!!

1 Like

Tonight I made split red lentils in a loose Ethiopian preparation: ginger, garlic, shallots, onion, plenty of butter, berbere seasoning, turmeric, oregano, and allspice simmered in broth. I stirred in chickpeas, spinach, and green peas to round things out and make sure there was plenty of finger food for baby. Served over toasted quinoa with yogurt.

13 Likes

Last night was farro, salami, artichoke salad (from Six Seasons) and grilled little gem lettuce with caesar dressing.

13 Likes

Roasted chicken breast and red potatoes

10 Likes

Looks great!

That.
Looks.
AHMAYZING!!!

1 Like

Those potatoes!

2 Likes

Came down with a wretched cold over the weekend so I’ve been living on hot and sour soup for the last few days. Finally starting to feel a little more human, just in time to enjoy some gorgeous weather! I’m planning a big fat ribeye to celebrate! Grilled over charcoal if I’m feeling ambitious, cooked indoors on cast iron if I’m not. Herbed oil to drizzle and probably fennel slaw on the side.

ETA: was too lazy to fire up the charcoal, but the steak was near perfect anyway!

13 Likes

glad you’re better, enjoy that hunk of flesh - sounds delish!

Jamaican oxtail stew last night, prepped on Sunday. i added carrots cuz i had them. Recipe called for butter beans, but I’d made a batch of Rancho Gordo Royal Coronas, so went with those. Loved this dish - nice and spicy - I used two scotch bonnets even though i pared down the recipe. Rice tamed the heat a bit. Glad i made enough to freeze some. BF made garlicky sauteed green beans to go with - so yummers.

14 Likes

Did a big batch of sous vide chicken thighs and leg quarters with rosemary and thyme for quick weekday meals.

Tonight pulled two thighs from the fridge and removed skin and meat from the bones. Bones went into the bone bag in the freezer. Nothing tasty goes to waste. Used to skin to render some fat and crisped up the meat in that fat. Mashed potatoes was a perfect side dish

11 Likes

I made this coconut chicken, which was OK. Not a repeat. With cauli rice.

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/thai-coconut-milk-grilled-chicken/

9 Likes

Looks fab

Too bad it’s not repeat worthy. The sauce looks fantastic though!

I may have added heavy cream. Hah.

4 Likes

I’m serving previously frozen pulled pork (does it ever end?) with spinach Parmesan vegetable rotini.

#whatireallyeat

I think this is day 4 (or 5?) of the pulled pork. It miraculously grows while we sleep.

7 Likes

Homemade fermented bird-eye chili relish also kicked it up a notch or 5. May regret tomorrow.

9 Likes

Hot and sour soup really does help! Hope you kicked the cold for good

1 Like

That looks radioactive!

1 Like