What's for Dinner #19- 03/2017 daylight savings time means more time to cook

Grew up with Buddhist parents. Temple Food is one of the best .
The monks back home have festivities whereby all temple members are welcome for a fee. Usually, it is a 12-15 course meal using tofu in various forms. They make mock peking duck, ( vey crispy dried bean curd sheets), mock fish , mock crispy beef etc. They not only taste and look like the real dish but fabulous if you can find a temple here in the US.
I have a friend whose mother is buddhist, comes to visit US, and when she goes to one of the temples, bring me back fresh fruits from their monastery. They are the best fruits I have ever had.
Have you tried Jelly fish? ( not temple food) That is a favorite appetizer if prepared correctly . It is Crunchy, tasteless by itself but add sesame oil and different spices to your liking ( spring onions, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and hot pepperetc)

1 Like

Not with this roast. I think I underplayed the coffee and overplayed the other spices, because when I did the Coffee Rub on a plain old pot roast several days ago, the coffee shined in that dish.

1 Like

@Ttrockwood - you should copy/paste over on the new April '17 thread - weā€™ve moved over here:

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s good to know, even though the H mart in K-town didnt have any fishie free kimchi for me i will not give up the hunt!

Oh how lucky you are to have had such exposure to temple food! I have had some mock duck at Chinese restaurants before that sounds similar, i think it was made from layers of yuba skin.
I havenā€™t had jellyfish before, but that sounds like an interesting dish. If i ever change my mind about staying vegetarian iā€™ll give it a go :wink: