What's for Dinner #103 - the Extra 24 Hours Month Edition - February 2024

Same :pinched_fingers: :pinched_fingers:

1 Like

Roasted tomato/white bean stew for dinner. Probably not a repeater, but not terrible.
Just kind of flat. Not enough heat or texture. Homemade croutons were really good tho!

18 Likes

:cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes

Remembered to take the fish out today, so I made last night’s planned dinner - Tod Mun Pla as burgers! I followed the Hot Thai Kitchen recipe, but turned them into four burgers instead of 17-19 little apps. I shallow fried the burgers in some oil on medium high for 3-4 minutes a side. The leftovers will be dinner tomorrow. I love these (and they end up a lot less greasy then when we get them at a restaurant)!

25 Likes

So sorry you’re still dealing with that pain. Glad your PIC is there for you though! I need to watch that new Chang program at some point. I just feel like everything I’ve seen from him lately is in service of hawking his Momofuku branded supermarket offerings though.

1 Like

This is really fun, depending on his guests (tonight it’s Seth Rogen and some rando dude I don’t know). I enjoy his humility and willingness to mess up. The meal tonight is CRAY - I’m taking notes and posting later here :slight_smile: where I am mostly talking to myself :joy:

1 Like

These look great! What kind of fish did you use?

That looks very good, do you a recipe or link to share? Thank you!

Lemon oregano chicken thighs,

kuku sabzi (Persian frittata) ,

greens in chicken broth

, beet and apple salad.

19 Likes

That’s very unfortunate, and I’m sorry you’re having trouble managing your pain. I hope you can find something to alleviate it. Oxycodone works best for me (tramadol is too weak, and hydromorphone makes me puke).

Unfortunately, all opiates make me barf without excception - even the tramadol. I can sometimes handle it later at night (when I’m not running around town like an idjit), after a reasonably filling meal. I do have Naproxen, which I took earlier, but it also doesn’t do much.

And throwing painkillers at it is def not the kind of management I want to apply longterm, but until a new MRI is done there’s not much else. PT has done fuckall. I wish someone could just kill that damaged nerve or rip it out or what have you. Meh.

ETA: my PIC’s pain management approach.

Cin cin.

13 Likes

Crispy, salty chickie thighs with the last dredges of green sauce - a Chinese-Peruvian mashup if you will. And that bok choy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Flounder. Any mild white fish works great here!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Cheeseburger on toasted Martin’s potato roll. Mayo and mustard . Franks & doctored pork and beans. A few Fritos.

18 Likes

Carnitas redux.

20 Likes

I thought I was making Pierogi, kielbasa, cabbage soup using potato pierogis instead of cheese, no potatoes or caraway added. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the potato pierogis were chicken pot stickers. :hushed: It was hot, tasted good and hit the spot so AWTEW. Cuke, red onion, oo&v and dill salad.

20 Likes

Pulled chicken tacos with the works and cilantro-lime slaw.

Our one steady repeat meal.

19 Likes

That, or hanging out with celebs, financed by the show.

4 Likes

Hope you feel better!

1 Like