What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

I can count on one hand the good crab cakes I’ve had in my life. Maybe I’ll take a shot at making them myself.

3 Likes

You should. Best way to control what’s in them, and they’re really easy to make.

4 Likes

Good looking sushi!! Pristine!

1 Like

I love Wickles relish. The hots are excellent!

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t believe it took us so long to check the place out. Its OG location specializes in ramen, is tiny & always overrun. The newer location does sushi & udon, is bigger, and also totally overrun (it’s on the first floor of a student hi-rise).

We try get some once a week now that we know about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would recommend Whole Foods crab cakes and their scallop & shrimp cakes. They freeze well too.

2 Likes

Will check them out, thanks!

Tonight’s dinner was frozen turkey from Canadian Thanksgiving turned into turkey korma with a Spice Tailor Korma kit, celeriac gratin with parm and panko, tomatoes topped with mayo and cheddar then baked, Russian salad/ Olivier, some Swiss chard with olive oil and lemon, and Heinz curried baked beans from the UK.

7 Likes

Leftovers (again). The week in review: roast chicken, cheesy mac, potato-gruyere gratin, greens in vinaigrette.

I couldn’t finish my chicken breast - the cat made out in spades. :smiley_cat:

21 Likes

Soup, perfect for a rainy day. Kielbasa and cannellini beans, onion, garlic, carrots, spinach, chicken broth, s&p, bay leaf. Toasted baguette. Wine.

There was a martini in my new Beefeater glass.

Fall finally came to the SoOr coast. I thought the trees would never turn and then it seem to happened overnight.

28 Likes

Slow-cooked squid with portobello and tomato. Smitten Kitchen’s dijon Brussels sprouts. It’s officially fall in here!

23 Likes

Chicken a la diavolo; collard greens on the side.

28 Likes

How true that is.

All frozen/store-bought are just simply not good. Restaurants are hit or miss, either super expensive for jumbo lump or not expensive and just filler and claw meat.

Best crab cakes I ever had were homemade from a Jacques Pepin recipe. It was like 4 ingredients, so really highlighting the crab. They were so good that I could not believe I made them myself. Must be two years ago now. If I can find the recipe, I’ll share it.

11 Likes

Where. Did. You. Get. That. Glass???

Dinner out tonight at our usual Portuguese spot. All the times we come here, we always get the same things. Tonight, BF and I both ordered differently because the bar area where we sat has an entirely different menu. He had a barbecued whole chicken and I had grilled shrimp with the shells on. I usually get steak but wanted something lighter. The shrimp were actually delicious and I would order again. There was also calamari and an excellent Bombay Sapphire martini…and the New York Rangers win on in the background.

23 Likes

Do you know what kind of c ab they use?

Quick, very simple stir-fried rice with shrimps, mushrooms, red peppers, carrots, scallions, mung bean sprouts and soy sauce. Topped with a fried egg

17 Likes

Etsy, I also got a highball glass. I think they had others, if they are still available.

7 Likes

Totally drawing a blank on this, sorry. I know I knew it cause I remembering asking.
Will ask again, next time I’m there.

1 Like

Love this kind of soup!

3 Likes