What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

Last night’s dinner was gussied up pizza slices from a local joint, the marzipan croissant was an afternoon treat with a cuppa.

20 Likes

I had intended on making a pasta dinner last night but I was too tired to cook in the end so I ordered take out. My dinner included an egg roll, sweet and sour chicken balls, garlic spareribs and chicken fried rice. I also ordered some mixed vegetables rice for dinner tonight (not pictured) to go with some bbq’d pork ribs that I found in the freezer. There will be leftovers.

22 Likes

Maybe. She does have a dry, understated manner to her whit.

Another night we didn’t have to cook! Lucky bishes we are. A buddy hosted our weekly poker game & ordered wings and pizza from the new Detroit-style place in town. It’s so good we ordered from them multiple times before our trip. He unfortunately did NOT get the garlic pickle pizza, but the triple threat and the pepperoni. The triple thread has regular sauce, pesto, and vodka sauce & was great. Their vodka sauce is fantastic. Wings were on the smaller side, but OK.

No pics since y’all seen the pie & it’s not entirely unlikely to make an appearance here again before November is over :wink:

5 Likes

Inspired by @linguafood 's tales of spicy garlic shrimp in Oahu, I adapted this Hawaiian Style Garlic Butter Shrimp (mostly by adding 3 heaping tablespoons of sambal oelek to the compound butter). It’s delicious and was a nice antidote to the gray afternoon weather.

24 Likes

i’m baaack… i finally finally got around to posting my Mexico City trips. To be honest, I stupidly felt guilty to post anything else before i did! That, and I got pretty ill after the first trip, and then just lazy, then went to L.A. for a weekend, then caught a cold (first one in 4 years), and now my excuses are over and here i am! i’m hoping to be much more participatory.

Here’s the CDMX report, if anyone is interested.

and thanks to @GretchenS for checking in on me!

Looking forward to seeing all your meals again!

19 Likes

Bone in pork chop and a big pot of braised purple cabbage. Very good. Sweet…sour…peppery.
Sunday supper.

11 Likes

A purple sweet potato, nuked for 6 minutes then crisped in the air fryer. Butter + Crema + salt and pepper. Delicious

Just me. Spouse headed off with a bowl of ice cream after a day of celebrations. His retirement from the UU church and a post wedding thing for two senior friends

12 Likes

Welcome back! Looking forward to your stories. Is immodium packed in your bags when you travel?

1 Like

I think I’d mentioned that our cat sitter requested a few meals cooked by yours truly as a barter for her services, and so I made a YUGE batch of pork stroganoff over egg noodles and a ginormous salad on the side. I tossed the tenderloin chunks in TJ’s smoky chili seasoning, cayenne, hot Hungarian paprika & smoked paprika, all of which added up to quite a bit of heat, so I hope it’s not too spicy for them…

Then again when my keyboarder (our cat sitter’s partner) came by to pick everything up he thought a lil heat was perfect as they are both fighting colds.

We have a little bit of stroganoff and salad leftover. Good Sunday eats :yum:

23 Likes

This all looks awesome!

1 Like

Pork and beef khinkali, pork cheburecki, Khachapuri, chicken shashlik, lamb shashlik, beet salad and Olivier tonight, from Armenian Bistro in Toronto.
Khachapuri

Chebureki

Khinkali

23 Likes

Takeout Popeye’s fried chicken tonight. Made a small batch of coleslaw again. Popeye’s red beans & rice. Biscuit with plenty of butter. Blackened Ranch or Sweet Heat dip? Decisions decisions. Ok, both.

17 Likes

Wagyu boneless ribeye on the grill. Salted-almond Caesar salad made with romaine from our winter garden. Marinated mushrooms. A Woodinville bourbon whiskey for the cook.

24 Likes

hah - it was on the 2nd trip! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dinner for me was half a pack of A-Sha Meteor noodles, and i did the Woks of Life hot oil noodle prep on them - basically boil the noodles, some spinach or other greens, made sauce (in addition to the sauce it comes with, which was kinda 5-spicy, i added black vinegar, dark soy, sesame oil, hot chili oil, and gochugaru), added a ton of chopped scallions, cilantro, minced garlic, sesame seeds, then drizzled about 1 tbs hot peanut oil over the top and stirred it all up.

the other half will be eaten cold for bfast. yum yum.

The BF has been dealing with ongoing dental issues that won’t be resolved anytime soon, so he’s been making his own dinners which is usually something soupy, as it was tonight. He still cooks for me most of the time, as I’ve still be doing the mostly low cholesterol thing (about to be re-tested this week!) happy to report i’m down 20 lbs. and i’d like to lose another 5 and then maintain. it’s been a journey, and i only hope it’s made a difference in my numbers. but it’s really nice fitting into so much of my closet again! :smiley:

22 Likes

Dinner tonight was our extended family thanksgiving feast, done early for travelers and for me.

Here’s the turkey and my piled plate, the rest of the (many) pics are over on the thanksgiving thread!

28 Likes

Sunday supper. Spaghetti, Italian sausage, onion, garlic, splash of red wine, marinara sauce from the freezer. Parm and parsley. Little gem wedge, caesar dressing, fgbp. (I stole that form someone on another thread) Toasted sourdough and wine.

21 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner with our friends at La Lupa in Manalapan, NJ, including lobster risotto, Roman gnocchi with two river mushroom, guanciale, pork jus, pecorino romano, rosemary breadcrumb; Tuscan fried chicken with rosemary, fennel, and hot honey; Berkshire pork chop with delicata squash, maple agrodolce, brussel sprout, walnut; crispy cacio e pepe potatoes; Cappelletti with local butternut squash, pecans, parmigiano reggiano, saba. It all went great with an excellent red blend, cabernet, and Syrah. Please pardon the crappy photos. It is pitch black in the restaurant and hard to get any good photos. I had to trash a few photos because they were too blurry.

18 Likes

So sorry! Get well-er soon!

1 Like