What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Sunflower rye from Vincenzo’s in Waterloo, Ontario!

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Happy New Year, all!

14 Likes

Happy New Year!

Chive scrambled eggs. Leftover spinach and onion gratin. Bacon. Toast. There was homemade blackberry jam and our own grape juice.

12 Likes

My PIC made bacon and an omelet with green peppers, spinach, cheese & parsley and delivered it bedside. I can’t complain :blush:

4 Likes

sequels can be good

8 Likes

Chicken and bean taquitos con queso. Scrambled eggs. Some heirloom Prairie Fire tomatoes from our garden which I canned last summer.

I had some leftover Velveeta from my monster mac-and-cheese. Made an easy queso from roux, added some minced, home-grown pickled peppers and pickled scallions. Cayenne for heat. Cumin for smoke. Pickle-brine to thin to a desired consistency.

10 Likes

Yum

1 Like

Scallion pancakes (or 葱油饼 or “Tsong-Yiu-Bing”)

10 Likes

Today I’m going to be trying a new recipe for breakfast - a veggie omelette with roasted potatoes and a side of fresh fruit!

3 Likes

Is it wrong to have a homemade charcuterie plate with baked brie for breakfast?

10 Likes

I had toast with pâté, followed by shortbread, then a nap, then toast with old cheddar and toast with pâté, coffee, then an hour of social media rather than a nap.

2 Likes

I love mid-morning naps.

It either means you’re living well, or getting up too early. :rofl:

3 Likes

I had to get up to take the garbage out, then the dogs were up so I took them out, then fed them, then took them out, then I needed a nap, and I will be tired the rest of today. The dogs are currently napping. This happens every 8 days. LOL

1 Like

A carnitas and a lamb barbacoa taco. Then some Greek yogurt with fruit salad. Second breakfast.

1 Like

For chrissake.

All you folks having two breakfasts … I must be doing something wrong.

Teach me your secrets. Please.

4 Likes

Looks like a balanced breakfast to me!

1 Like

We clearly have hobbits among us. Two breakfasts, morning naps, etc. Wish I could …

7 Likes

This is technically brunch - black bean and cheese enchilada casserole. Used some homemade roasted tomato and habanero salsa, along with sour cream to top.

12 Likes

+1 to that action. I eat pancakes maybe 2x per year. The rest is all egg love or biscuits and gravy, with an egg (sunny) on top.