What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Today’s breakfast was rolled oats topped with brown sugar and a commercial mix sold as a salad topper - sunflower seeds, pepitas, sliced almonds, and dried fruit. Soft-boiled eggs on the side.

14 Likes

WFB today, and almost every day while poms are in season :yum:
F84C2AF6-E828-4ECA-AB61-951D6285066B_4_5005_c

6 Likes

Leftover Singapore vermicelli and honey garlic ribs

11 Likes

Fridge clean-out. Nathan’s hot-dog and spinach scramble. Toast with pumpkin jam.

10 Likes

Yeasted waffles! This is my third waffle iron, for whatever reason the last three didn’t even last me a month, which is great because at least I could return them easily. I changed the brand I was buying and prefer this one even more, no issues so far so fingers crossed. These are topped with honey and homemade orange curd.

15 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Using up the last of the cranberry-walut sourdough from Thanksgiving: Croque Monsieur.

11 Likes

Thank you, I’m making a lot of curds these days. Done another orange one today and am thinking about doing a lime one soon.

1 Like

Rib eye hash with a sunny side up ish egg. I was going to do over easy but got distracted and it didn’t need flipping. Yolk was still runny.

12 Likes

Semla!

7 Likes

Broccoli cheddar crustless quiche. A little salty but good.

16 Likes

Scallion scramble with pan toasted Kugelhopf.

12 Likes

That’s my idea of a perfect fried egg.

4 Likes

The last of the Kugelhopf: French toast and eggs to order.

12 Likes

Disappointing take-out latke from hyped -up snack bar connected to a talented chef in Toronto.

Turns out, one needs to add vinegar, lemon or onion when making latkes in advance, to prevent middle from greying.

Or maybe the kitchen doesn’t know to store peeled potatoes under water if they won’t be used immediately. I guess I’m lucky, I’ve never encountered a grey potato pancake or latke before, maybe because covering peeled potatoes in water until using is a tip that has been passed on from generation to generation in my family.

First time I’ve encountered a grey latke. Still ate it lol.

5 Likes

Did it taste like a non-grey latke?

Soft scrambled eggs with morels, shallots and lobster. The morels are dried, the lobster’s canned, didn’t much matter, still awesome.

breakfast

13 Likes

I did not know this was a thing!

Someone gave me an Amazon gift card, so I decided to buy things I would not buy with “my” money.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087KF2VW1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

2 Likes

Aha - Amazon!