What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Sautéed corn, red onion, and zucchini, tomatoes and fresh oregano added off heat. Added to an omelette with some feta.

12 Likes

I just got the Toronna part :wink: Breakfast looks delicious and I think its neat you and @rstuart got to meet up.

3 Likes

Fried eggs with leftover potato-onion kugel. Garden toms with basil and chive.

8 Likes

Yes, I are all of them.

9 Likes

Are you?

2 Likes

For Thomas Keller month (COTM):

Savory waffles with bacon and chives, topped with fried egg and maple syrup.

13 Likes

Time has no meaning when food abounds.
Tacos, sushi, vernicious knids … if it’s available and I’m hungry, let’s go.

Case in point, this summertime pie from Domino’s Japan was today’s late breakfast. (before you spew invectives about my pizzeria choice, I’ve got two canned responses: 1) I’m always curious about local flavors, and 2) more importantly, there’s no non-chain pizza place close-by.) :wink:

With that malarkey out of the way, the toppings on this pie (clearly?) include cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, lemon slices, and fried chicken. Mayonnaise was also a part of it, but I 86’d that choice something fierce.

9 Likes

Breakfast tacos. Chorizo, egg, poblano pepper, onion, jack cheese, salsa, sour cream.

14 Likes

That looks savory!
I cannot imagine sweet syrup over a fried egg, but I guess to each, their own.

I was the same way until I tried it. It has it’s place.

1 Like

I like it (syrup on fried egg) only, and only if, said egg is on a stack of pancakes, waffles or french toast. And preferably accompanied by some bacon or sausages. A combo bite of pancake, fried egg (with runny yolk), bacon and all of it mixed with syrup is heavenly.

But there is no way I am going to slather on maple syrup on just a plate of fried eggs.

4 Likes

I swear, this buffet was today’s breakfast.

It was at a place called “Harvest Tachikawa” (はーべすと│グランデュオ立川). The waitstaff mentioned something about an “Asian food fair,” so there happened to be Taiwanese-style fried chicken (not a fan; that stuff is always sweet), a kimbap bar, and hey, Japanese food.

And that onion in lower-right of the third photo, holy moly. I put mustard on top, completely forgetting that I had a hill of wasabi placed firmly below. That was a tough bite.

p.s. if you care about reviews, you might have to take Google reviews in Japan with a shaker of salt. (The complaints are always amusing to me; sometimes, there would be a they didn’t even call me {FindingFoodFluency} san. In case you’re studying Japanese, the verb is 呼び捨てる.

10 Likes

Scrambled eggs/cucumbers/cocktail tomatoes/grilled bbq onions and roasted Cubanelle peppers all drizzled with spicy chili/garlic oil…

9 Likes

I’m with you.

Leek and zucchini scramble. Blueberry pan biscuits. Garden tomatoes. Blackberries pinched from over my neighbor’s fence (who wouldn’t care - they let them grow out-of-control in their “not blackberry” hedge).

15 Likes

It all looks wonderful. IIs a recipe link available for the pan biscuit?

The recipe is behind an ATK paywall. If you don’t have access, let me know - I’ll be happy to paraphrase. It’s short and easy.

Egg sandwich on ciabatta.

Capture.PNG

8 Likes

I’ve been eating a lot of carby foods these days and I had a few random veggies to finish up so what better excuse to have a stirfry for breakfast.

7 Likes

Noodles and veg for breakfast here, too.

Also posted on the Asian Noodle thread.

9 Likes