What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Bacon, Boursin and Fried egg sandwich

And an :nazar_amulet: egg

10 Likes

My kind of breakfast!

When summer rolls around try this: Boursin-stuffed zucchini blossoms lightly steamed, served with a concassé of tomatoes.

5 Likes

First the bacon.

Then the egg.
Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 11.01.48 AM

10 Likes

High fat breakfast. Scrambled eggs cooked in a combination of ghee and duck fat with a ground beef patty smothered with bearnaise sauce. I am currently in a coma.

12 Likes

Ima stealing this.

2 Likes

Chive-scrambled eggs and Cake D’Alsace with bacon, gruyere and shallots. The cake is from the Jan-Apr 2023 BCOTM “Gateau.

16 Likes

In my kitchen drawers you will find infant bowls and spoons. My youngest just turned 17! Otoh, they are useful as stir spoons, small snack bowls. Who am I to throw out something that still functions??? Lol.

2 Likes

We have a Bobby Flay cookbook with a recipe for yucatan chicken that we like and have made several times over the years. The marinade is a few citrus juices and some paprika or other mild red chili powder. One time we were running late and texted the teen to get the marinade going for us. We did not realize until we started to eat (AND DIE) that he hadn’t found enough paprika to make up the requisite tbsp or two for the marinade, and subbed in cayenne instead.

3 Likes

We did! And had the dreaded chicken and pasta, which was exceptionally bad this time around. “Asian” flavors with pasta in BOTH dishes cooked to mush. Yuck. Interestingly, the chicken or pasta on the return flight was decent. I had piri piri chicken with a nice kick & good rice, my PIC tortellini in a little too much oil, but flavorful. Go figure!

My mom was in great shape, thankfully! It was nice seeing her in good spirits, and the greatest news is that my sis found a place for her with a single room near where my sis lives, and she can move in tomorrow!!!

10 Likes

Wow! Great outcome.

5 Likes

It could not have been better.

6 Likes

Good morning !

And good night !

Eggs, beans and leftover green beans.

6 Likes

Cake D’ Alsace. Apple pie. Hard boiled egg.

8 Likes

Google Photos

Beef. It’s What’s for Breakfast.

4 Likes

Needs meat.

Scallion scramble with toasted bacon-and-gruyere loaf.

8 Likes

Buckwheat Belgian waffle with hemp hearts and chocolate chips.

6 Likes

Walnut Bread French Toast with butter and maple syrup. Lovely but very filling.

7 Likes

French toast with greek yogurt.

5 Likes