What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Wow!

4 Likes

Yummy. I’m going to try to make that!

1 Like

I’ve had mamey milkshakes before, at Cuban and Puerto Rican places, but never seen the fruit. Wish I could grow it here.

Awesome pictures.

1 Like

Mamey is aromatic. The flesh and big seed remind me of avocado. I scooped out the flesh with a spoon just like when eating avocado.

Here’s the one I bought and made it part of breakfast.

How to lose your abs fast… eat lots of of fruits and drink lots of beer every day. Who cares. I deal with it when I get home.

Grated jicama in the middle. Took me some time to finish this giant bowl and the avocado milk(shake). I gave up buying papaya at home. Papaya in Mexico is perfectly ripe every time, and flavourful. Mangoes as well. Mexico is fruit paradise.

Hot chocolate again. They brought us sugar, just in case. We always order ours 100% cacao without sugar.

Wood-carved hummingbird I bought on an excursion. It wants pure sugar water, though.

Mexicans love their chilli sauces and they are not only for savoury food. Yesterday I watched grown men and women eat tamarind paste on a stick. They dipped the tamarind in little individual plastic containers of chilli sauce. They ate all the sauce, too.

12 Likes

WHOAh

I’ve got a lot of grapefruits.

And Meyer lemons!

3 Likes

Nice selection.

1 Like

so yummy

GDL/Guadalajara airport whilst waiting for a connecting flight to La Paz, Baja Sur. Travelling companion’s breakfast. Scrambled eggs with onions and tomatoes.

It was a very long day and I did not get an opportunity to eat anything. (Got up at 5am to catch 2 internal flights, 3,5hr bus journey, 1 hour taxi ride to reach Bahia Magdalena. Everyone is saying “you sure love Mexico”)

How you know you are in Baja Sur.

Big cactuses all along the bus route from La Paz to the border of south-north Baja peninsular.

My whale watching locations:

Last chocolate in Oaxaca

Whoa. Baja (Sur) feels like a different country having arrived from Oaxaca where cheese or chocolate is in almost everything. In Baja Sur, seafood anything is king and everyone is chill. Meanwhile Oaxaca is frenetic, colourful and too much of a sensory overload. I love both places.

10 Likes

Hope you finally got something to eat!

1 Like

Cheese toast continues to be a breakfast staple.

Muenster on Dave’s Good Seed bread with smashed garlic cloves. There’s some bacon.

Blue Cheese toast has made several appearances. Mmmmmmm.

A cup of vegetable soup has also appeared, taking the place of the broth with garnishes. Hoping to find a good canned variety, vegs not over-cooked. I don’t have room in the freezer to make a big pot and divvy it up.

7 Likes

Facilitating some leftovers from last nights pierogies and kielbasa dinner I have pierogies home fries e we it’s bacon with a couple eggs over easy.
(I used one baked potato chopped up with about 4 pierogies, chopped with peppers onions and seasoning)

(wife wanted a sandwich)

7 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks, TheLibrarian28. There were only (American and American-style) fast food in the airport so I didn’t want to eat anything. Drank lots of strong coffee instead.

First thing I ate in 1 and a half days at my hotel in Bahia Magdalena. A simple small bowl of mixed fruits and even smaller yoghurt. The partner had “Huevos Rancheros”.

I’m in Guerrero Negro and leaving for whale camp shortly. No wifi, no flushing toilet, no telly. Just in the middle of nature and whales in the laguna in front of me. Back in 4 days.

My tent

11 Likes

Whale camp? Wow! I hope you decide to report back on the wonders that await you.

1 Like

lol guess you don’t like neighbors? lol That really does look fantastic, enjoy!!!

Lucky you! Good day to miss the television news.

4 Likes

Yogurt cake which I plan too enjoy w/ lemon cream and raspberry puree.

12 Likes

beautiful. since i almost ALWAYS get sick in Mexico (i eat everything) i rarely try fruits because of fear of the water - I should get over that since i try everything else…

2 Likes

today’s excitement:

Crispy chicken skin & scramble egg tacos with homemade habanero sauce.

9 Likes