What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Good luck to you & all others in the path of this monster storm! Glad you’re prepared and eating well @NotJrvedivici .

2 Likes

What - no wine, etc.?!
Stay safe.

2 Likes

Any packages to go?

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m set

10 Likes

The only thing I need to get through the storm

9 Likes

Ok, I lied, I needed food too, After consulting with my culinary guru, I fried up a mess of big shrimp and scallops but not all the way done:

Then the sauce flown in directly from New Orleans:

One pot of rice later and the finished product:

12 Likes

Wow, that sauce looks like a winner. Mind sharing the source? Thanks.

Snow day breakfast: Justin made banana walnut waffles while I did the scrambled eggs (came out amazing in the wok) and Canadian bacon.

And these on ice for later…

13 Likes

All the delicious pizza and bagel rec’s had me hungry for bread. Made pizza.

8 Likes

sure @skantor I also get boudin from them among other things

1 Like

I will be coming back from new Orleans in May, I usually bring back lots of boudin from Best Stop, and can bring other stuff. Save some money on the shipping.

1 Like

I made a kumquat simple syrup for my old fashioneds for later today

6 Likes

Buddy picked these up recently and today was the day.

12 Likes

I’ve been craving a good steak and that looks amazing.

2 Likes

Would have liked parsley-garlic butter topping but tasty without…

2 Likes

I realize I’m a little late to the game on this one, but nicely done. Quick question, what is that you cooked the steak in? Is that a non-stick Teflon style pan? Whatever it is you did a hell of a job, hope you enjoyed!!

1 Like

The orginal plan was to use cast iron but the pan I had was too small. We ended up using my buddy’s copper pan set that he purchased Ron Popiel-like.
Having sold restaurant supplies for a long time I developed a liking to Vollrath aluminum pans or Chasseur enameled cast iron. Never really used cast iron and was disappointed I couldn’t use it, but I do have to admit the steaks came out pretty good. Except for missing the parsley garlic butter…

3 Likes

Lamb Loin with Mashed/Gravy and Spin/Mush. With Criolla on the side. Didn’t come out exactly as planned but not bad.

10 Likes

You had me at lamb loin.

2 Likes