What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Why not clams? I like clam chowda!?!?!?

Because if you add clams it wouldn’t be chicken corn chowder…

Might need a potatoe too…

Deli Night!

Hand Cut Corned Beef Brisket, Pechters Rye Bread, Schorrs New Half Sours & Cole Slaw.

Mrs. P made a rabbit & vegetable bake with carrots, onions, shishito & mini peppers, mushrooms, garlic, white wine, & fresh rosemary, among other herbs & spices. She added some spicy mustard to give the sauce a little kick. This was fairly healthy, since we are trying to watch our weight during the week.

1 Like

Dessert:

Wow I haven’t seen a rabbit pic on here lately. Nicely done

Thanks Johnny! If we weren’t on diets we would have added bacon & heavy cream to it.

I’m on the same boat. In fact, it has been a long boat to China. Keep going buddy. It has been a slow process for me but it has paid off physically. I was a lot happier when fatter though lol

3 Likes

Ditto!

1 Like

Hmph … I couldn’t upload pics for a while, maybe due to a ridiculous windows update … I still can’t bring myself to switch to Apple, not for lack of DH trying to get me to do so!

Shoprite had bone in chuck steak on sale for $2.99 a lb, although it has been unseasonably warm, I picked two up and prepared them as I would brisket and served with garlic mashed. DH made the pictured dessert, he macerated mixed berries in honey balsamic and made whipped cream, the angel food muffins were store bought and way too sweet for me … the rest of the dessert was terrific. Today was cool and nasty and raining perfect weather for leftovers, some of which made for delicious chuck grilled cheese sandwiches.

Over the weekend we picked up several grass fed raw milk cheeses from Jesse, who is a seasoned cheese maker starting out on her own for the first time, her cheese business is known as " Nonchalant Cheese" … she took over the space formerly occupied by Bobolink … Jesse is a genius!!! I am very happy I live very close to Jesse!!! I put together an antipasti with items that were in the fridge for DH to nibble on with the cheese, it was completely unnecessary and it sat untouched while we gorged ourselves on cheese and more cheese.

Sunday night made DH breakfast for dinner, I was still full from cheese and picked on the antipasti

Tonight was zucchini noodles with local grass fed ground beef and a quick tomato sauce. The noodles were made with the mandolin. I never made or ate them before, I still have all ten fingers which is good, we both like them a lot and will be eating more of them.

EDIT:
Shout out to everyone who was in the path of the storm … lots of people I know, some HO posters got hammered … hope your power is back on and your windshields are replaced ASAP

his

hers

dessert compliments DH

leftovers … chuck grilled cheese with a very good cabot cheddar reserve

Saturday
unnecessary and untouched antipasti

Nonchalant cheese

Nonchalant cheese

Nonchalant cheese
nonchalant%203

Nonchalant cheese

DH, breakfast for dinner

Zucchini noodles/ grass fed beef and tomato

5 Likes

It’s a tough choice deciding whether to be fat & happy or skinny & miserable😩

1 Like

Whipped up a couple trays of eggplant parm for a work party. Just need to be baked in the oven before serving.

2 Likes

Last night’s dinner. Skirt steak (from Best Market) marinated in Dijon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Then sliced potatoes with cheddar, bacon, and scallions, followed by a “healthy” avocado-tomato salad.

s1

s2

s3

5 Likes

What’s Cooking you ask?

Yesterday we officially celebrated my daughters graduation from college, catered by yours truly.

Apps: mozzarella tomatoes and roasted peppers - shrimp cocktail and crab claws - charcuterie - mini hot dogs - mini rubens - Italian egg rolls - veggies and a spinach dip.

Entrees:
Shrimp and scallops scampi and yellow rice, roasted pork and sauerkraut- Mac n cheese - double stuffed potatoes- cajon cream pasta with spinach sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms- broccoli rabe- chicken tequila- London broil on garlic toast.

Deserts: too many to list.

Congratulations to my daughter I am one tired caterer today. Happy Sunday peeps!!

14 Likes

Looks excellent! Congratulations!

1 Like

Nice looking spread! I think I’m going crab for the win. Where did you picks those up at?

Where’s Pierre?

Acme Lincroft.

@VikingKaj no Pierre

Snif. Snif. :cry::cry::cry:

Forgot to list my individual tomato soups with mini grilled cheese apps!

4 Likes