What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Hey, speaking of Pierre, does anybody remember Lobster Newberg in a patty shell ???

download%20(3)

1 Like

Rest up - hopefully there are leftovers!

Congratulations to your daughter.

1 Like

Congratulations, @NotJrvedivici
That’s a huge accomplishment for all of you! And your catering skills look like they were right on point! Rest up!

2 Likes

Congrats.!!!

Also confirms my belief that next ho down should be at casa JR

2 Likes

It’s Sunday, so of course I am making a Sunday gravy - roasted meatballs and two kinds of seared sausage have been slowly simmering in the gravy all day. My Italian Aunt would have been proud.

10 Likes

Shop Rite Aberdeen was out of shrimp tonight. Except for a few sad looking ones that were lingering toward the base. So I bit the bullet and grabbed some scallops. Going to sear them up later. #firstworldproblems

My dinner tonight. Said scallops on a bed of sauteed spinach. Delicious and low-carb.

potd6

3 Likes

Looking good Greg! Has anyone indulged in some Keyport fishery scallops lately? I need to get there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now all I can thInk of isnsome fishery dinners washed down with some ice cold beers.

2 Likes

Yes. A combo platter and a half pound of fried clams…

Tonight, for my 60th!!??!! birthday, Mrs. P made fried soft shell crabs with a very refreshing corn salad containing avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onions, lime juice, olive oil, & red wine vinegar :yum: The golden brown one was panko crusted, while the lighter one was dredged in flour. They were both delicious, but the panko crusted one was crispier. Fairway had the soft shell crabs on sale for $4.50 each.

10 Likes

Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Yum! Happy b day Eli! I’m off to the store now so let’s see what I come up with :slight_smile:

Maybe I can find a crab or two

1 Like

Thanks @corvette-johnny & @chowdom :slightly_smiling_face: The years just flew by.

Good luck at the store, Johnny. This is the season for soft shell crabs.

1 Like

Congrats on another year around the sun, Eli!

1 Like

Thanks Curlz🙂

I absolutely killed it tonight! 1.6 bone in, rosemary and garlic rub from carter and cavero.

The last pick is after I sliced off some of the cap and devoured that to start.

Ps…thank you to mom for letting me mess up your kitchen and for doing my dishes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Happy birthday! What a great choice for a celebratory meal.

1 Like

Thank you, @meatn3 !

Happy birthday! Looks like a great meal!

1 Like