What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

what a lucky young man…

how was the salmon (said nobody ever)???

7 Likes

Funny I hate cooked salmon but enjoy it raw on sushi. This was actually very good and I might try it again.

1 Like

I just felt that gave the best perspective for the thickness. Lol

1 Like

Get your $6.99 lb lobster at Shop Rite now while it lasts!

Made for an excellent Newburg:

10 Likes

did you cook the bugs or did you have the store steam them for you?

either way- looks awesome!

1 Like

I figured I would cut down on workload and had the store steam them. They did an excellent job. Meat popped right out. Really the best lobster I’ve ever had from Shop Rite. They ended up being almost two pounds each. Worth every penny.

4 Likes

nice- I’ve never had store do it for me- it’s one of reasons I don’t have lobster at home. Next time I need to jump on this…

1 Like

bugs are 5.99 a lb next week at SR…
@gcaggiano @corvette_johnny

3 Likes

Nice…you can see the tail on the left has some size to it.

2 Likes

Yeah it was a monster. Normally they are hit or miss from SR. So I bought scallops and shrimp in addition to do a Seafood Newburg. However, there was so much lobster meat to my pleasant surprise, I made traditional Lobster Newburg with a few shrimp thrown in. As for the scallops, I did this:

Maple-Soy glaze.

6 Likes

The guy last night did it to perfection. Some steam too long. Really hit or miss. But I’m usually making lobster rolls the 2 or 3 times a year I buy them so its not a huge deal.

2 Likes

Tortillas layered with beef, cheese, and chocolate mole sauce.

10 Likes

Peruvian chicken salad with Peruvian (ode to SO) avocados, tomato, red onion, lime zest, olive oil, SP. There are Calandra Rolls under there too.

13 Likes

The last two nights Mrs. P made a delicious lobster and mushroom pappardelle with using the $5.99 a pound lobster on sale at Shop Rite and the gorgeous Two Rivers mushroom medley that was purchased from Local 130 Seafood.
She also made that gorgeous 2 1/2 pound whole red snapper from Local 130 Seafood.
Details and pictures are in the main WFD links below.

6 Likes

Always fabulous … Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you! Enjoy your weekend as well!

1 Like

Mrs. P prepared another outstanding dinner of homemade guacamole and chips, deep fried soft shell crabs and shrimp, and BBQ Creole shrimp inspired by Mr. B’s in New Orleans. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

Truly delighting !!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Snickers Ice Cream Cake

http://home-recipess.com/snickers-ice-cream-cake

5 Likes

Not to be unwelcoming, but this looks like a promotion for someone’s blog. Thoughts?

1 Like