What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Alright I purposely ate before entering this topic! I’m nice and full and wow, these are some good looking food pics.

I just had breakfast for dinner: bacon, eggs, cheese with no bread unfortunately. Hot peppers stuffed with provolone and prosciutto. Chocolate milk and sugar free caramel. Ah, the joys of eating several thousand calories at a time in the keto world :laughing:

4 Likes

Bourbon skirt steak @meatmaniac & my daughters first try at creme brûlée

17 Likes

This is the no knead bread I baked today thanks to Ms Bean’s kind delivery of yeast. It was super easy to do, almost no effort.

The result was a crunchy, very tasty loaf!

Thanks and Bean!

16 Likes

:100::100::100:

1 Like

After an excellent weekend of take in that started Thursday night with The Galley, Friday Muang Thai and Saturday from Drew’s it was back to cooking for Mother’s Day. The requested dinner linguini with clam sauce and a few lobster tails thrown in with some homemade garlic bread on the side.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!!

18 Likes

Well the smoker is broken. I might have to put her down but will try to heal her tomorrow. Old green has seen more smoke than a Marley family reunion.

I had to go with some oven action but in true spirit, I had to finish some thighs in bacon fat.

Ps, all those little pieces are the “schrapnel” I call it. They are the tiny piece cut off the bone and chucked in the grease to eat while you’re cooking :grimacing:

10 Likes

Nice! You go CJ!

Had takeout from Muang Thai in Red Bank last week so it’s no surprise that my recent visit to Asian Food Market leaned heavily Thai. A follow up trip to Delicious Orchards provided the veggies. Both places by the way were free of lines, not crowded, and everybody was wearing masks. So, these ingredients:

were thrown haphazardly together to end up with chicken and eggplant in Penang curry:

and served over white rice.

10 Likes

Almost forgot the crepes with banana and chocolate ganache for dessert:

10 Likes

And now for something completely different. Dim Sum Burgers - 2 lbs ground pork, 1 lb raw shrimp, 1 can water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and fish sauce. Fry til GBD. Serve with sweet chili sauce.

15 Likes

So I posted earlier about getting six pounds of mixed white and orange flesh sweet potatoes at Delicious Orchards. A friend texted me and asked why I got so much sweet potatoes. I present sweet potato fries for three:

Serving them later with Kalbi skirt steak.

13 Likes

Ooooooh, aaaaaaaah!

3 Likes

Fish and Shrimp Fry with criolla, tartar, and huacatay.

14 Likes

Got an early father’s day gift in time for a perfect weather-wise Memorial Day … Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. First effort was spot on - brisket and beer can chicken. I foresee lots of smoking this season.

13 Likes

Those look DELICIOUS!!

2 NY Strips and 1 Ribeye from Monmouth Meats to celebrate our 12 year anniversary today. Paired nicely with a bottle of Isosceles from Justin, roasted Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus and Totted Potatoes.

11 Likes

Congratulations!

i made this last night http://anjuvijay.com/egg-puffs/
Actually An oven is needed to make a perfect egg puffs. But i tried it without using oven.

3 Likes

So if anyone here is starved for attention on Facebook, I have your answer. There is a group with more than 17k members called Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives - there’s more in the name, search it on Facebook. Anytime you cook something even a little questionable post a picture of it there and simply type Smash or Trash?

The folks in that group LOVE to trash things. If you post something incredible, you might get a lot of likes, but post something a little different and you’ll get comments galore.

I posted without the backstory of how, growing up poor, my mother learned to love hot dogs and spaghetti. Just hot dogs, Delmonte plain tomato sauce, spaghetti, and a little butter. Mom made it for me and I learned to love it too so I’ve always put the dish in my rotation of dinners.

So, yesterday I posted the pic below and then checked on it in four hours. I had more than 250 comments! Sure, most of them were Trash! or something to that effect, but it got so bad I had to turn off notifications.

Lol! Anyway, here is last night’s very trashy dinner:

6 Likes

Dinner for two? :innocent:

Back In The Day… My Sibs and I could make that disappear in three minutes. Or, less.

1 Like