And Coconut Tarts for dessert.

6 Likes

Wow!!! Looks delicious!

2 Likes

I’d move to Jersey for that.

3 Likes

Sure, NOW you tell me.

2 Likes

Going cross-culture tonight with a Reuben Stromboli. Bought this Kobe Corned Beef at Shop Rite (they pulled their normal corned beef the other day so they could push this more expensive version). It is actually delicious. Best corned beef I’ve ever had. Hardly any fat, great flavor, and they cut it paper-thin. I am almost ashamed to be putting it in a stromboli!

4 Likes

I accidentally got that at the deli counter there and really enjoyed it as well.

1 Like

I only trimmed a little bit of the fat off it. Then I kept snacking on it. I better start cooking or there won’t be anything left.

I’m not a big corned beef guy. It’s all been the same to me, until now. This is a marked, noticeable difference. I’m really astounded.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a sign on the deli counter in the Marlboro ShopRite advertising the Kobe corned beef as well as roast beef. I’ve always bought only kosher corned beef there. But now I’m going to try the Kobe. I sometimes make Reubens (using very good rye bread from Salomon’s Kosher Bakery) and have lately been making corned beef hash.

2 Likes

They have amazing rye bread. My favorite is the onion rye followed by the russian rye but they are all very good. The onion pockets are also great.

1 Like

The finished product. Reuben stromboli!

11 Likes

Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, If I did not, I need hand surgery and every keystroke and click of the mouse is painful, thus I conserve by not liking every post … rest assured, I like and appreciate every post and would be clicking away, all day. The food on this thread is just “wow”

6 Likes

Looks great! I actually made that for Super Bowl Sunday, reubens make for good stromboli, egg rolls and mini reuban apps. Love those too.

3 Likes

Well can it be fixed???..Today we can all be fixed>

Yes, I suppose. I’m armed with an RX from a neurologist for a hand surgeon, but I’m new to the area which is extremely rural, with new god awful insurance … it’s not going to be easy. EDIT: Ya don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone! The price we pay for quiet country living!

3 Likes

I hear you…proceed with caution …obviously!

2 Likes

Time for my annual pilgrimage to Joseph’s Delicatessen in Spring Lake to pick up the ingredients for St Joseph’s Pasta.

This traditional Sicilian sauce is made with sardines, fennel, and raisins. I add extra sautéed onions. As far as I know, the sauce is always served over bucatini and sprinkled with toasted bread crumb (representing saw dust). I served it with a side of fresh fennel roasted with Meyer Lemon because you can never have too much fennel.

8 Likes

I love the fennel fronds on top!

1 Like

This looks amazing, @MsBean! Fwiw, I just had a great fennel FROND and sausage pizza at Medusa last week… there may be a few pieces in my freezer for fennel frond emergencies. :rofl:

1 Like

@heidicooksandbakes Thanks. The food is delicious but not at all photogenic. I thought a little color would help.
@CurlzNJ That pizza sounds yummy. And you are smart to have kept some for an F F emergency.

1 Like