What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mrs. P made Cajun spice rubbed beer can chicken. Costco sells the largest frozen chickens.

2 Likes

That looks like a nice bird! So was the quail or chicken better? Lol

Do you guys ever do duck? I smoke ducks sometimes and they are outrageous! I need to get my quail and pheasant game up to speed …very different birds to note, but I want to try cooking each one.

2 Likes

That is actually a picture of me after I finish eating that bird :grin: Yes, Costco has the best & juiciest frozen chickens. Obviously, there is nothing better than fresh free range chicken, but for frozen chicken, Costco is really good. They are so large that we usually get two dinners for two out of it. The quail is much more flavorful, since it tastes like the most intense dark meat, while the chicken is obviously meatier.

I like duck, but we never cooked it at home. We usually eat duck out. That smoked duck sounds awesome. Save me a plate next time you make it :wink: One of the best restaurant duck preparations I ever had was at Heirloom Kitchen. Chef Viana renders the fat for about a 1/2 hour for the most crispiest skin, yet the inside remains nice & juicy.

Ooooh…my cousin smokes duck and it is DElish! Any time you have too much, just holler! :slight_smile:

I made myself a spinach and cheese quesadilla tonight. Not very photogenic. :smiley:

I tried to smoke a duck once but he flew away before I could get him lit.

3 Likes

Roasted cauliflower (a staple in my house), turkey breast, and string beans. #girlishfigure

Stuffed peppers Mac n cheese.

3 Likes

Jesus christ! Jr when is the next ho down at “chez @NotJrvedivici

2 Likes

Home made Chinese BBQ Pork (Siu Yuk)
I used pork belly from HMart. Sous vide the thing for about 7 hours. Crisped up the skin under the broiler.

4 Likes

Beef & Chicken Kabobs

KABOB

4 Likes

Very professional looking!

1 Like

Looking good Jeff!

1 Like

That looks like some serious competition for Old Bukhara.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made a deconstructed fish taco with Cajun spice rubbed blackened tilapia, homemade guacamole, arugula, sautéed red onions (which didn’t make it in the picture), tomatoes, jalapeño cream cheese with chipotle added, & blue corn tortilla chips :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Hope it tastes as good as it looks

Yes, it did😋

90 pounds of crawfish tomorrow, rain or shine, pics to come

4 Likes

1 Like

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WjiCPCxmi33RjFl42

5 Likes