What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

your son must be a popular guy…I would have killed for anything like that back in the day…looks amazing…

3 Likes

I’m eating left over Chinese and Bob comes through with trays of food I would donate an organ for. As moss says, “come on man”…this packer game is looking to be a good one.

Ps…Bob does the rigatoni. I am all about the chunky noodles. Kudos buddy

3 Likes

I ate pizza and Ramen noodles everyday. I’m probably not going to live much longer but I made it out of college. Lol

2 Likes

Threw in Mac and cheese when possible. Wawa sub when I had extra cash from my adt telemarketing job come through.

1 Like

Wowwwww! Nice job! Welcome back!

potd1
Justin made a glorious chicken pot pie from scratch today.

10 Likes

Orange crackers and pb packs, canned tuna and the broken pie DO couldnt sell to customers while I finished school. Good times.

1 Like

One of my favorites in cooler weather. Nice job.

1 Like

Exactly. Great comfort food. All that was missing was snow.

1 Like

That is the best chicken pot pie I’ve ever seen and this is not hyperbole.

2 Likes

And mountains to ski on. :+1:

1 Like

Nice job! I love a well done pot pie! Yum!

2 Likes

D’artagnan had a 40% off sale last week, and we bought some duck leg confit and Moulard Magret duck breast. Mrs. P made duck for the first time. She made some awesome Asian duck leg confit tacos which was mixed with a very flavorful combination of garlic, scallions, fish sauce, English cucumbers, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, Chinese five spice, toasted black sesame seeds, and red cabbage among other ingredients. You know Mrs. P cannot make a simple taco :grinning: She also made a side salad containing arugula, garlic olive oil, white balsamic and red wine vinegar, Humboldt fog cheese, salt and pepper. Of course I added more duck to my salad :grin: Everything went very well with a 2013 Kenwood Sonoma County Cabernet.

7 Likes

I’m DROOOOOOLING!!!

3 Likes

Indian food tonight. I wish I could say I “made” this chicken makhni, but what I really did was doctor up a couple jars of store-bought Indian simmer sauce (found at Big Lots, no less!). Added cream, cilantro, peas, and pulled/shredded rotisserie chicken. It was delicious. Served with naan, basmati rice, grilled onion, and lime.

5 Likes

Last night I made skirt steak marinated in soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, scallion, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Fried brown rice on the side.

Justin made an excellent flan for dessert. As he said, very easy to make just takes care and timing

Cocktail was a change of pace for me as I am normally a dry martini guy. “Mary Pickfords”: white rum, pineapple juice, and grenadine.

6 Likes

Sometimes there are some real gems at Big Lots. Even better at Ollies if that chain is in your area!

2 Likes

I LOVE Ollie’s. I can’t say I feel proud when shopping there. :smiley: Some hilarious finds. None in my area though. Closest one currently in PA.

The Big Lots by me (Middletown) recently remodeled. They now have a rather extensive food section including an aisle of international ingredients such as Indian, Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese. They featured a nice selection of German in October. Great prices. Better than Shop Rite for most, especially snack items.

4 Likes

It’s Passover so what else but latkes?

Happy Passover to all.

3 Likes

What time should I be there? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like