What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

So, anyone cooking healthy the next few days before Thanksgiving? :smile:

1 Like

Always! Roasted cauliflower and roasted mushrooms are always in the fridge…

2 Likes

Last night was Thai night. Made chicken satay lettuce wraps and chicken in spicy peanut sauce.

5 Likes

Jeez Greg , no invite lol.

Was that some house made sauce?

1 Like

Yes, all homemade.

Sauce for chicken was simple: milk, coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and a jarred chili/garlic mixture.

1 Like

Kunya would be proud!

2 Likes

I expect to see lots of food pics in this thread over the next few days! I will get it started below. Prep has already begun in my house.

1. My mom’s chocolate-pecan pie and Justin’s cranberry-sausage stuffing (will be baked tomorrow).

2. My famous bacon-bourbon-brown sugar Brussels Sprouts.

thanksgiving1

thanksgiving2

5 Likes

I’m too excited about my pies. They look amazing. Hopefully, we can transport them safely tomorrow… I made other stuff, but this is the highlight for sure!

5 Likes

Very professional looking! You can bake for me any day!

3 Likes

Interesting dish. Does he put dried cranberries in it? I’ve never tried this but want to.

Actually it’s a can of the jellied whole berry cranberry sauce.

Nice. I will see if I can get some stuffing pics in a little bit.

Some sides…

4 Likes

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Lots of great pics both here and in the other thread. I’ll add some more in addition to the ones yesterday.

thanksgiving3
Started with some apps early in the afternoon. Always important to have appetizers/snacks that require little or no cooking/preparation for big dinners. Less to worry about. Let Aldi be your friend. Shrimp ring, assortment of cheeses, fig jam for the brie, and crackers.

thanksgiving4
Vodka and Cranberry Juice has always been my Thanksgiving drink during the daytime. We then switched over to Sangria for the meal. I cannot remember how many glasses of this I imbibed today.

thanksgiving5

thanksgiving6
Appetizers for the table: homemade potato-leek soup (my mom works at Deep Cut Gardens and has been bringing me beautiful leeks the last week or so). Spur of the moment addition. And also some fried asparagus with garlic aioili.

thanksgiving7
Justin’s stuffed mushrooms. Made fresh bread crumbs out of a crispy baguette. They were excellent.

thanksgiving8
A shot of the table. Too much food for four people.

thanksgiving10
The chocolate-pecan pie was out of this world.

thanksgiving9
Except for being excitable early on, this guy managed to behave himself today. :smiley:

More pics coming Saturday, I am sure, when we have LEFTOVER NIGHT.

9 Likes

Looks like he was auditioning for the role of kitty centerpiece!

3 Likes

Yes…he’s such a ham!

3 Likes

We did’t really celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday because we were busy cleaning and preparing for a little dinner party that we threw Friday night. We finally invited our friends over that always cook us those incredible 13 course dinners. Mrs. P really outdid herself. She made blackened and Cajun spiced fish tostadas with homemade quacamole, sautéed red onions, jalapeno cream cheese with chipotle spices added, and arugula. We also had jamon dry cured ham, rosemary ham, and Calabrese ham, some rolled with Humboldt fog cheese and slivered toasted almonds. Some other cheeses we had were Drunken goat cheese soaked in Mouvedre wine, balsamic Bellavitino Sartori, and Maple leaf smoked gouda. Mrs. P made a delicious salad of quail with delicata squash, arugula, red and black grapes,with a balsamic syrup. She also made her famous braised rabbit pappardelle with fresh shaved orange rind. For dessert she made two homemade ice creams; strawberry with fresh basil and balsamic syrup, and marshmallow ice cream. We had some excellent wines and finished off the meal with a 10 year old port.

9 Likes

Mouth watering!!!

2 Likes

fritatta
Leftover stuffing fritatta.

5 Likes

Thanks Gracie :blush:

I am back from my stay in paradise but I could let my son go back to school un-or-under-Fed! His Frat house favorite the Peyton Manning…chicken parm you taste soooooo good!!! Along with 3 lbs of pasta, gravy and meat!!

10 Likes