What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Schneiders was the last to go. It burnt down not too long ago. Man I miss the hofbrahaus. Cool location and venue.

Don’t forget about Fritzies in Howell which closed around 2010.

There is a German restaurant in Browns Mills - down by Ft Dix which several friends have spoken well of. I don’t recall the name just now though.

I think it’s Sebastian’s Schnitelhaus. We might be going next week to try it out.

Mrs. P made chocolate fudge brownies, with a peanut butter buttercream layer, with homegrown mint, and caramel sauce for her 60th?!? birthday, Wow! Where did the years go?

2 Likes

That looks delicious. Happy Birthday Mrs. P!!

1 Like

It was :yum: Thanks MsBean! I’ll convey your well wishes.

Wow! That looks amazing. I bet it is low fat too! :wink:

Happy birthday Mrs P

1 Like

Yum! Woman after my own heart to make her own birthday dessert! Happy birthday Mrs. P!

1 Like

Thanks cj & gracieggg! I’ll convey your well wishes to her. It’s not quite low fat but was delicious :slightly_smiling_face:
Mrs. P wanted the the brownies made to her specifications, so if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself (plus I didn’t want to poison her if I tried making it). At least while she was making her dessert I ran out and picked up some twin stuffed lobsters (with crab, shrimp, and scallops), baked whole red snapper with crispy homemade potato chips, and stuffed avocado with shrimp, crab, and scallops from Don Pepe II to go with it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow, those lobsters look awesome! Were those hardshells?

1 Like

Thanks cj. The shells were hard, but I don’t think they were hard shell lobsters, since there was liquid in them when you cracked them open.

Yesterday I had my nephews 30th birthday party his favorite food(s) is Mexican so I was in charge of empenadas and chili. This means Saturday night, my prep night, became quasi Mexican Fiesta night.

empenadas (chicken and beef)
Stuffed Italian long hots
Garlic shrimp Portuguese style
Chili dip
Homemade guacamole

Not pictured
Chicken chili
Rice and beans
Frajitas (chicken and steak)

7 Likes

Nice spread! Those peppers look good! What’s in them?

The peppers were a topping on my “Hell’s Kitchen” NY Strip steak. They became so popular I make them now as an appetizer. They are sauteed in evoo and garlic, after a few mins they are then flambe’ with tequila, then finished with chicken stock. Once they are softened by that process they are sliced, seeds removed (depending on your desired hotness) and stuffed with cream cheese (bonus points for scallion cream cheese) topped with seasoned bread crumbs, evoo drizzled over them and back into the oven for 10 mins to crisp the bread crumbs. (for the steak I place it on top and cover the steak with the sauce from the pan I cooked them in)

5 Likes

You’re a good uncle!!

1 Like

I could dive into that bowl of shrimp.

It’s the subliminal messaging, I posted the pic twice making it twice as enticing to you!!!

1 Like

Our local community college theater company puts on a haunted house in the theater. We have new neighbors with younger children so we invited them for a night of scares! (and food and drinks)

My landscaper had an accident caring for my yard so I decided to have him for dinner. (Pics will probably load out of order)

Here’s his arm
Didn’t want to waste his brain
Mini mummy heads
Jack O Lantren quesadilla (steak and chicken)
Mac - n - sneeze
Mini ghost pizza (not pictured)

4 Likes

Friday night we had melt in your mouth smoked boneless country ribs from Sam’s Butcher Shop with a dry rubbed cajun spice and crispy sweet potato fries.

4 Likes