What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Restaurant Depot turned me away for lack of membership card.

I have purchased dried morels from them and was very pleased. Great quality and super nice people.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made homemade waffles with homegrown jalapeno peppers, and topped it with homemade passion fruit sorbet, fresh blueberries, strawberries, & grapes :yum:

2 Likes

You have to be a member but they let anybody join.

Rendang and Eggs! It’s a thing.

3 Likes

Some buggers from last night

4 Likes

We had a refreshing heirloom tomato salad with fresh homegrown basil, red onions, avocado, whipped ricotta cheese, balsamic, and coarse sea salt.

We also had leftover fried soft shell crab, over a homemade jalapeno waffle, topped with sauteed diced homegrown holy mole and jalapeno peppers, and maple syrup.

2 Likes

potd1

Tonight was an incredibly easy middle eastern spiced beef over hummus. Your spices can be anything. I actually chose to go more with a Spanish route by adding Adobo, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Anyway, this is a layered dish that is meant for dipping and sharing.

Take a large plate and cover with hummus. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Then add the beef to the top of that. Drizzle with more oil, place some kalamata olives, walnuts, and fire-roasted tomatoes, and you are good to go. Serve with a lot of pita bread!

4 Likes

Our friend prepared a phenomenal French dinner in honor of French cookbook author Madeleine Kamman, who recently passed away. Please forgive me since I can’t remember all of the intricate ingredients. I will edit them in at a later time. We also had some amazing wines including a 1987 Robert Mondavi Estate cabernet and a 1999 Petite Syrah.

Melt in your mouth scallop topped with shaved truffles, and covered with a yellow cherry sauce.
scallop
Plump garlicky escargot with mini cucumbers covered with hollandaise sauce on a homemade toasted ficelle. This was one of the many highlights of the dinner.
escargot
Meaty Lion’s Mane mushroom over corn
lion%20mane%20mushroom
Salmon rillette topped with smoked salmon, & crispy smoky bacon, and a delicious crab & avocado salad
salmon
Lamb with a peach compote and an incredible red pepper mousse that had a nice char to it

Fried green tomatoes topped with lobster, sour cream, & caviar

Delicious cold fennel soup

Nectarine tart topped with outstanding homemade grand marnier whipped cream

Light & airy crepe topped with the same delicious grand marnier whipped cream

5 Likes

I need friends like this

1 Like

Yes, we are very fortunate. We met on another online food forum. He is very talented.

1 Like

@Metsfan86 SAME. I will join you on the quest to befriend these people and Mr & Mrs. P ha!

2 Likes

This Eli is winning! My giants Eli is unfortunately not :frowning:

Great pics buddy!

4 Likes

Thanks cj. Yes, another rough start for the Giants. At least Barkley had that nice 68 yard touchdown run. He seems promising.

He did look solid. Time will tell, but I think we will see great things from him…maybe not this season though. I think this is going to be one of those 8-8 type years. I hope I’m wrong.

Yes. Hopefully not another 3-13 season. Let’s just hope that nothing happens to Manning. I can’t believe they got rid of Webb. They have no real backup.

Does anyone have any good fig recipes? I cooked some figs last night from my uncle’s neighbor and fried them in butter and brown sugar. I picked them off the tree the other day and they came out nicely. I wish we had some vanilla ice cream but …

Eli should be fine healthwise. I think it will be a half ass season or just a bomb. If it is a disaster, I hope they tank hard and get a decent QB. I would just hate to see Eli go out on a huge down note, but I would like to see a bright future for the gmen.

1 Like

You can also stuff them with blue cheese and wrap them in bacon, and toast some pine nuts, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. You would broil them.

image Omg I made a stupid easy and VERY yummy side of roasted rainbow carrots and quartered figs just yesterday! Tossed in olive oil, pepper, and sprinkled with cumin, and roasted them at 400 until tender. Salted after they cooled down. DElcious!!

2 Likes