What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Interesting about the meat. I haven’t really bought much meat here (don’t tell my family but I am trying to cut way back on meat). I didn’t like the salmon but the organic chicken was the same or better than shoprite (price about the same).

2 Likes

Just had this convo with friends this weekend; one of them is full-on veg while the other leans that way but will still eat meat. We were discussing the Beyond burger, which I’d tried at their house. It was DELICIOUS. I was seriously shocked–but then I was doubly surprised when I read the label. HIGH amount of fat, which is probably why it was so good! YMMV, but I’m a label reader… (and a big Dr. Praeger’s fan)

2 Likes

If you shop at trader joe’s they have a cauliflower/broccoli patty and also a carrot version that are really similar texture to dr praeger’s. But like dr p’s they’re also really light, i need two for a legit meal (i like them better ontop of a big salad than as a burger style sandwich) at one point TJs also sold dr p’s original, haven’t looked for them lately but were way cheaper than buying elsewhere

2 Likes

I love to top two of the Dr P’s spinach pancakes with a pair of runny fried eggs… excellent breakfast!

Yum! Thanks for the tip. I started buying these veggie burgers for the kiddo. They are really helpful for a quick lunch to send to school. I also skip the bun. Who needs it?! I’ve been making this tzatziki-ish sauce for them too. MMM.

I don’t make it to TJ’s all that often but I do go occasionally to stock up on a few things. I only use their powdered dishwasher detergent and I like their quick cooking brown basmati rice.

3 Likes

Today is our 8th anniversary so we ordered a nice lobster dinner to go from Don Pepe ll seafood restaurant. Below is a link to the details and pictures on the main ‘what’s for dinner thread.’

7 Likes

Happy anniversary!!! Food looks amazing. The avocado seems really interesting. And I’m a sucker for cured meats and cheese.

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met! Yes, that stuffed avocado is really good. I haven’t seen that preparation anywhere else.

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. P!!

3 Likes

Thanks @MsBean !

Happy anniversary Eli. Mrs P is amazing! You’re a very lucky guy! I’m glad you guys got some good lobster.

Thanks Johnny! I appreciate it. Yes, I’m a very lucky guy :blush:

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary! :grinning:

Thanks Greg!

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs. P! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you @gracieggg !

I’m late to the party, but Happy Anniversary to you two!

1 Like

Thanks @CurlzNJ ! You’re never too late :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

Thank you @Oldandtired !

1 Like