What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Great idea. Was thinking of Thanksgiving empanadas but never got around to it.

1 Like

Just the two of us at home on Thanksgiving Day. I cooked! We had a 12 lb. turkey and everything that, for us, traditionally goes with it. Here’s my blogpost:

At Home 2022: Celebrating Thanksgiving | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

2 Likes

I call this Almost Scarpariello. And Still Tasty.

9 Likes

I don’t care what you call it, I’ll take a plate full!

1 Like

Bucatini with spicy sausage, garlic, and a Gochugaru Cream Sauce with scallions and Romano.

7 Likes

A preview of the menu from yesterday’s “tailgate breakfast palooza”:

Bacon - Sausage - Porkroll - Egg and Cheese Sandwiches with sides of home fries. Not exactly the outcome I was hoping for with the Giant’s tying the Commanders. I guess it’s better than a loss but certainly not a victory!

16 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Giants? Sucks to be you. Go Birds!!

3 Likes

Looks awesome. Thank you so much for tip about those stone fire pizza crusts. Makes pizza night so much easier and never fails to impress.
We don’t go as fancy as Mrs P though. Usually just pepperoni and mozz or prosciutto, feta, arugula with extra helping Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze.

1 Like

Thanks! Those Stonefire pizza crusts are great and a real time saver.

1 Like

My Chanukah dinner blogpost:

At Home 2022: Chanukah Dinner | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

2 Likes

Thanks! You’ve inspired me to make that pot roast this afternoon to have for tomorrow night’s dinner. Here’s to 2023 - hope it’s a good one!

Honored to have inspired you to make it! Do let me know how it turns out.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I’ll be making a rack of lamb for our New Year’s Eve dinner.

1 Like

i’ll let you know. I like to make things like this a day ahead to let the flavors get together. I bet the house will smell wonderful!

1 Like

I, too, always make pot roasts a day in advance. When the roast is finished cooking, I take the meat out, let it cool, slice it, put the slices back into the pot submerged in the liquid, and place the covered pot in the frig overnight. An added bonus: the fat in the liquid congeals at the top, making it easy to remove.

3 Likes

My New Year’s Eve dinner at home blogpost: At Home 2022: New Year’s Eve | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

1 Like

That’s what I do too. Thanks again for inspiring me to make this. My husband kept saying “This is really good!”. We’ll have it again tomorrow night, and it will be even better.

Glad you and your husband liked it. We also had a second dinner meal from the slices and vegetables. And then there were enough leftover bits and pieces of meat which I combined with egg noodles for a third meal. Definitely get one’s money’s worth from a good sized pot roast.

1 Like