What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Perfect, so happy you could enjoy in comfort! Your deck is lovely, as always.

1 Like

Linguini and clams? Yes!

15 Likes

Wish I could like this twice

3 Likes

Simple, but tasty lately. Shrimp, Potato Chip Chicken, Pork Green Chile.

8 Likes

Kurobuta Hind Shanks today with basic mirepoix, red wine, stock and tomato paste. With a Sausage stuffed Long Hot from Anthony and Sons. Can see adding this to my repertoire. Good eating.

12 Likes

Who wants to do a joint venture brunch place in the greater Lincroft area? Accepting opportunities/joint venture, no joke)

Table side/omelette as well as pancakes/fruit sauce table side flambé. Bringing brunch to new levels; Science has proven Breakfast is the MOST Important meal of the day, we should treat it as such!!

5 Likes

Given todays results you’re gonna need to make the same thing next week sir!

1 Like

Shrimp Cakes tonight. Mustard Aioli.

12 Likes

Those look DELICIOUS!!

1 Like

This was very good. Loosely based on Coq au Vin, which I have never made. Red wine gives such good flavor. Chicken thighs.

8 Likes

Admittedly I had to google that, however my initial comment was going to be; “That looks like chicken osso bucco” - I guess it sort of is. lol I might have to try this, how long did you cook it for?

Brown chicken well, set aside. Saute diced carrots, celery, onion until browned, add tomato, garlic, seasoning and cook bit more. Deglaze with red wine, added chicken BTB and some pasta water. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer until chicken is just starting to fall apart. Took about an hour.

2 Likes

Been a while since I broke out the Weber…
Gochujang Pork Tenderloin, Irish Bavette, Wild Boar Sausage, and Key West Pink Gulf Shrimp.
Red sauce with scallions is rocoto. Rocoto paste from jar, white vinegar, veg oil, SP, lime juice, and scallion. This is similar to the salsa that comes with Anticucho.

11 Likes

Wow you got skills

2 Likes

Wanted to make the wife her favorite Oktoberfest meal, sauerbraten and spaetzle. Having never made a proper sauerbraten, I didn’t realize it takes a multi-day marinade to make “properly”, so of course I half-assed it. I made a typical “American” pot roast vs. sauerbraten and frankly - I couldn’t tell the difference. lol
Shout out to me for my gravy, friggin delicious and the spaetzle was fairly easy to make (for a pasta) and was really tasty. (I pan fried mine in butter with some garlic powder and s&p in the butter before frying, gave it a nice flavor.
Red cabbage w/ apples and onions. (OMG so good)
Small, sweet potato casserole because my wife picked a few baby sweet potatoes from the garden she never realized she planted. (Must have cross pollinated at the garden center) So I made the casserole to not let them go to waste.
DELICIOUS fall meal.

16 Likes

This looks great

2 Likes

I had dinner at a fairly lousy Italian place for dinner last night it wasn’t horrible but far from good so I had to make my own version of Chicken giambotta. I only had one small red potato and some pre-roasted (jar) red peppers. Bag of potato sticks used for extra potatoes.

Still 10x better than last night.

9 Likes

Have a nice place under trees to hold off the rain. Weber still going strong.
NZ Grass Fed Cowboys and Tri-Tip, Iberico Abanico, Gulf Shrimp Cocktail, Collards, Piquillo Peppers stuffed with Walnut, Goat Cheese and Honey, Rocoto and Jalapeno-Garlic Salsa.

10 Likes

Cheddar omelet and Berkshire Ham late night snack.

8 Likes