What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Been a week or two but back outside.
Cajun salmon, gochujang chicken and scratch salads. Had some franks and beans recently, too.
Tasty.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Don’t call it a cheesesteak.

I have no grill and a very sensitive smoke alarm that went off last time I tried to sear a steak. Grabbed a manager’s special NY strip steak this morning and decided to get creative. First I cleaned it up and then sliced the meat thin against the grain:

I quick seared the pieces so as not to disturb the smoke nanny and then put the cooked strips with some horseradish cheddar pub cheese and fried onions into a half pie crust. I coated the crust with some Chicago beef gravy spice and baked.

The result was eaten dipped in a sauce of pure Heinz ketchup :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Open a window in the kitchen and point a fan out the window

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Gochujang marinated Pork Tenderloin from Shoprite, Kurobuta Dogs and Irish Beef Burger. With Papa Huancaina and Green Salad.
Also a Lomo Saltado GF made a few days ago. Rico.

11 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Took another shot at Chicharron today with Iberico Secreto Barriguera. Better than 1st time.
Add water and spices to cover pork pieces, boil out the water until only pork fat remains, brown pieces in fat. Pretty easy. Good stuff and great to know how to make at home.

10 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Looks good, and I do love Matisse! What an adorable babe!

1 Like

Thank you :blush: It was just so nice to finally eat outside on the deck. It was such a hot summer and we finally had a cool dry day to enjoy.

1 Like

Perfect, so happy you could enjoy in comfort! Your deck is lovely, as always.

1 Like

Linguini and clams? Yes!

15 Likes

Wish I could like this twice

3 Likes

Simple, but tasty lately. Shrimp, Potato Chip Chicken, Pork Green Chile.

8 Likes

Kurobuta Hind Shanks today with basic mirepoix, red wine, stock and tomato paste. With a Sausage stuffed Long Hot from Anthony and Sons. Can see adding this to my repertoire. Good eating.

12 Likes

Who wants to do a joint venture brunch place in the greater Lincroft area? Accepting opportunities/joint venture, no joke)

Table side/omelette as well as pancakes/fruit sauce table side flambé. Bringing brunch to new levels; Science has proven Breakfast is the MOST Important meal of the day, we should treat it as such!!

5 Likes